SUMMER STORM

I love many things, on that long laundry list of loves is rain and the color navy blue, the inkier the blue the better. Whilst I was at the computer (as is my norm) I watched out my studio windows as the baby blue sky with the fluffy white clouds turned a dark, inky blue before my eyes. You can catch a fleeting glimpse of the once summer day on the lower left of the photograph.  The sky rumbled and the house shook and then the rain started to pour, a nice steady beat of raindrops on the deck below and the acres beyond.  As I was taking this all in--the majesty, the beauty, the awe inspiring scene before me I looked down and my 3lb dog George, scared as all get out, shaking like a lead singer in a Rhomba band started to pee.  I would have been more upset if I actually wasn't so freaked out that I didn't want to do the same. Indeed, country living is a completely different experience than urban dwelling.

Susan (July 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM)  

Very inky blue, wow...southern (and country) storms are quite awe inspiring!

Toi –  (July 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM)  

I'm so jealous that it rains where you live. I miss water falling from the sky. So does the grass!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.