MOVING PICTURES::PART I

If I had my druthers I wouldn't have been shooting all my photographs out of a moving vehicle, but my husband was on some sort of mission that meant he must make it to Oregon in the time he had calculated or he would implode (at least that's how he acted). I was really surprised how quickly crossing into Oregon made the weather leap from sunny California to frosty and foggy. It really seemed like a matter of minutes. This photo was taken near Mount Shasta, I think, don't ask, I can't read a map in the car because I am susceptible to motion sickness.  On our first road trip together we took a winding coastal road and when we came to a smooth plateau I nearly tucked and rolled out of the car so my then boyfriend (now my husband) wouldn't witness the horror of me throwing up all my innards, I swear I lost a kidney that day and maybe even a lung, it was not pretty. What was pretty was the ride up to Oregon, if you ever have the opportunity to drive from California to Oregon you will witness some of the most scenic views that you ever did have the pleasure to encounter. There were booming vistas of snow peaked mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, blue skies and even angry stormy ones.  Each mile seemed more beautiful than the next.  I hope you allow me to indulge you with this trip.  I am going to show you tomorrow my most favorite place in all of Portlandia.  I think some people can probably guess what it might be, no?

Sobrina Tung (March 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM)  

so pretty! I agree about the drive from CA to Portland -- I've done it a few times since I live in the sun and my parents in the (what seems to me to be) perpetual rain!

Susan (March 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM)  

Beautiful....that is gorgeous country out there.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.