MMXII 57:: EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012::

MMXII::57::AFTER 
I would really like to promise that this will be the last weathered barn upload you would see from me, but I can't. I shot a lot of them from Northern Cal to Portland, OR. I never was really close to them either, which was a shame because I would have loved to been able to inspect a little more.  I shot exclusively with my 50mm prime lens, which is not exactly the most ideal lens for landscape photography.  I also shot mostly out of a car that was going over 80 mph. I find that I shake on solid ground, but am quite still in a moving vehicle, go figure.  I was playing with the tilt shift effect here but may have gotten a little heavy handed (it happens to even me, a third degree Black Belt in Photoshop). I couldn't get enough of the large expanse of sky all around us, I guess I am so used to living in a place with towering cement skyskrapers that the sky had become a novelty. I am happy that I still had the ability to take it all in and gawk like a teenager who had a Kardashian sighting. It was that good.

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

Amy (March 6, 2012 at 7:59 AM)  

Oh, but I do so love a weathered barn--just think of the stories they could tell!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.