MMXII 54:: EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012::BEACH BOUND!

I am finding it hard to concentrate because I am equal parts excited and equal parts irritated. I am excited to be leaving for a weekend at a beach house in Northern California to meet some blog friends in real life and dole out bear hugs to, although maybe bear hugs aren't cool. I want to be a little cool. I am so not cool. I am also irritated, literally, well my eyeballs are. When I get super stressed out, which is what I was today packing, laundering, meeting clients and packing some more (I am going to Portland right after Nor Cal so two sets of packing), rushing to shoot for class, edit my edit (sounds like a repeat of the other day.) When I get stressed my eyes start to get really itchy and swell and so do my cheeks. It's so attractive if you think Quasimodo is attractive. So, not only am I going to meet people I admire for the first time with my square hair, now I have this weird swollen face to contend with. Words can not describe my feelings right now, really, I am at a loss.  I can't believe I get to be around people, not only that people around my same age and that know what a blog is! Try explaining a blog to most people you'll get, 'A blob? You write a blob? A bloog? brog? bog?' It's futile. This is exciting, now let's hope that there won't be much photographing of the swollen girl, I certainly don't want photos of my twisted eyeballs floating around the internet.

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

P.S. I am almost finished reading through all the comments on the Luxe Correspondence Giveaway, as soon as I sit down tomorrow while I am at the beach house watching the tides roll in, with my frozen toes in the sand (it's going to be 30 degrees) I will announce the winner!

Erin (February 24, 2012 at 4:15 AM)  

You crack me up, you write how I think :)

{debbie} (February 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM)  

too funny! how exciting to meet your "blob" friends in real life... happy and safe travels! {awesome edit btw}

Rachel (February 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM)  

I hope your eyes recover, dear!

When I get stressed, my jaw tenses up, which somehow makes my entire face sore and causes my cheeks to swell. I get it.

Anonymous –  (February 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM)  

Hi Miss B,

just wanted to let you know how much I love your 'view the before'. It's so helpful to my own learning. I hope you keep doing it.

A.

Dorkys Ramos (March 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM)  

So that's where you've been these days! I was missing you around Flickr. Hope you're feeling all better these days. I have a group of "bloog" friends that I would love to meet someday. Must be a relief to be able to chat about it without getting eye rolls and change of topics. I'm lucky that I met my boyfriend because we're both bloggers so he totally understands the obsession and late -night posts "to write out that awesome idea."

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.