SOUVENIR FOTO SCHOOL STARTING!

I have heard the siren calls for way too long, (my apologies), to have another session of the illustrious Souvenir Foto School- The School of Creative Captures. Today my friends I am answering the cry, well myself and Michelle of Creatocrat, my Co-Professor and one talented photographer. The school has had many a gratis session in its day, but I have always mentioned that it was fleeting, this session there will be a small fee involved but we know from experience where your photos can go in a 30 day class period and feel this nominal fee will be a drop in the bucket in building your photography chops. I will be back with many a former student testimonial, but for now let me wax philosophical on what SFS is and what it is not.

SOUVENIR FOTO SCHOOL IS:
  • A place to hone your skills with a focused set of prompts
  • A community of photography enthusiasts of all levels
  • A hotbed of creative inspiration
  • A place to ask questions + gain confidence in your skills
  • A supportive + positive photo environment
SOUVENIR FOTO IS NOT:
  •  A Photo 101. You won't be learning about all the bobs and bits on your camera. I highly suggest you take Nicole's Photo 101 class for that (no, I don't work for Nicole, lol).
  • Just a DSLR class! You can use ANY camera you have available to you in the amount of time you have. So, if you are shooting film, it may get expensive to develop your shots everyday, but heck who are we to stop you from doing so? 
  • This is not an editing class although we may share some editing resources amongst the class.
This session we will take a photo-a-day for 30 days, using the Alphabet as our guide. Of course we will get into more detail once you sign-up. We will also be giving away 3 scholarships for those that can't budget this right now, but would really like to join. We can't wait to see you in class so for a mere $30 (that's less than a latte a day!) you can take your photo skills to the next level! Are you ready?...


    CLASS SOLD OUT!


    P.S. For those that asked we will be having a session starting in April and will be making an announcement in March. We wish we could fit you all in, really we do but we wanted to cap it at 50 students this round so we can make sure to give everyone proper attention, thank you! Email us and we will add your name to the mailing list or leave it in the comments and put you on the list.

    Michelle P (January 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM)  

    HOORAY! I can't wait to get started!

    Miss B. (January 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM)  

    Me either! I need this creative push, I haven't taken photos for fun in AGES!

    m. (January 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM)  

    I would love to take this (seriously, it's kind of a steal at $30), but am WAY too busy right now. I love taking photos, but need a push to actually edit them. Anyhow, do you think that y'all will do this again sometime?

    Charmaine (January 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM)  

    I'm looking forward to this! I need a boost. Just wondering, I was charged $5 for shipping and handling. Not sure what that's for?

    Miss B. (January 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM)  

    M. this won't be and editing class,but I do plan on offering one this year:)

    Charmaine, that was a mistake since I am dolt, but you have been issued a refund on that!

    Charmaine (January 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM)  

    Thanks, Miss B:) I can't wait for the class to begin. February is going to be great!

    Kate P (January 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM)  

    Well I'm in! Paid up and ready to go :) Feb is a special one this year, was going to do a photo-a-day anywho, so this is perfect x

    Ann (January 19, 2012 at 3:51 AM)  

    I have heart this at the first time, looks interesting!

    Mel –  (January 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM)  

    Hi! I was wondering if it would be silly if I tried to do this with just an iphone camera?? I know...rookie!

    Miss B. (January 19, 2012 at 1:05 PM)  

    Hi Mel-

    I am happy you asked this! Cameraphone is fine and you will often see people switching up their cameras in class. We try to show it's NOT the equipment but the photographer that makes the image. I am sure I will be using mine a few times in this session.

    xx,

    Miss B.

    Intertwyned (January 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM)  

    Just signed up! I can't wait to get started :)

    ❤,
    Jamie

    Emma (January 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM)  

    You can't imagine how excited i am for this. I will defo be signing up when I get back off my hols - I hope there isn't a end date to the sign up.
    Very very excited. Thank you Miss B.

    Anca Pandrea (January 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM)  

    nice, this should be fun :)
    another reason to look forward to Feb 1st

    Andrea (January 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM)  

    I just signed up! I'm challenging myself to a 366 photo a day challenge (last year I petered out after January...) and I'm looking forward to this course to help inspire me.

    Amy (January 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM)  

    Souvenir Foto School is on my list . . . but maybe after I brush up on my photo skills. I know it's for all levels and all . . . but, at this point, I'm not even sure I'm to a level! :)

    Anonymous –  (January 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM)  

    This sounds incredible. Things are pretty tight money-wise right now but if I can scrabble together enough spare change to participate, I most certainly will. Due to the way my school schedule balances out, I'm having to take my photography class independently; to do the courses I want to do in 'further education' I need the qualification, and so lunchtime meetings with an art teacher and weekends spent on photography projects that don't interest me are consuming my creativity. Having a daily prompt like this sounds like a much-needed creative burst.

    Unknown (January 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM)  

    I love love love that Souvenir Foto School is back up and running again! I took the class a few years back and really loved it. I'm a bit over committed in February to join, but I'm looking forward to future sessions and the posts of great work happening during February!

    Shannon (January 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM)  

    I just signed up!!!!!!!!

    yeah!

    Shannon
    8foot6.blogspot.com

    SLR (January 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM)  

    Hi! I'm very interested in taking this class, but I am just wondering where we post our photos? On your blog or our own and link to you? I am asking because I wouldn't have time to do a blog post with pic everyday for 30 days, but I could definitely take a photo a day for 30 days!
    Thanks!!

    Unknown (January 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM)  

    I just signed up as well! I'm anxious to see what it entails :)

    Mackenzie (January 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM)  

    I would love to take part and just noticed I missed the boat! When will your next class be starting???

    Rosemarie (January 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM)  

    I am in tears. I begged and borrowed the money and just got it today. As soon as I got home I came here to sign up and it's sold out! I didn't even know there was a limit. Life is so not fair sometimes.

    Lovely Lindsay (January 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM)  

    Shoot! Just sat down to sign up for me and a friend. Didn't realize there was a limit. Will there be another class soon?
    Thanks! Lindsay

    georgina (January 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM)  

    sad to have missed out - i will be quicker with sign-up for the next round... hopefully there will be another! hey, is it possible to be placed on a waiting list perhaps? georgina@perpetual-one.com.au

    annika (January 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM)  

    please message me if you space becomes available! I was just thinking I would love to do a 30 day photo challenge when my friend sent me this link. too late!

    if you make more room or do one in march let me know!
    annika.hagen@gmail.com

    my blog:
    annikahagen.com/yourdailybanana

    betty lee (January 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM)  

    oh no i was too late. will this class be offered again? i would love to take it. thank you.

    Anonymous –  (January 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM)  

    hello,

    i would love to take your class, so sorry i missed signing up in time... will you offer another in the future?

    Merissa Revestir (January 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM)  

    If space becomes available please message me too! I am so bummed that I only found out about this today :( Please say you will do another class in the near future.
    xo, Merissa

    Unknown (February 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM)  

    can I sign up for the next round?? seriously?? please :)))))

    Paola (February 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM)  

    How do I sign up for the next round? I'd love to give this a go...

    paolaATmirror2DOTcoDOTuk

    Jimmye (February 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM)  

    Please put me on the mailing list for the next round. Thanks! This sounds like a wonderful opportunity!!

    Euge de la Peña (February 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM)  

    I'd love to participate next time! Can you add me to the mailing list? eugi@live.com.ar
    Thanks!

    Anonymous –  (February 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM)  

    Please add me to your mailing list, would love to join the next session!

    lisedcrawford@gmail.com

    Tamara {Delish Mag} (February 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM)  

    Oh yes please, please do add me to the list for "next semester"!

    Thank you!
    tamara@delishmag.com

    Unknown (February 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM)  

    please add me : ) crunchyvtmommy@gmail.com - would love to join in.

    claudia (February 29, 2012 at 3:13 AM)  

    would love to be included in the April session! Please add me to your mailing list. You've inspired so many of us!

    Moose (February 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM)  

    Please add me to the list!! Thanks from Colorado.

    Moose (February 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM)  

    opppsss.... denise@CabinPressStudio.com

    Sobrina Tung (March 1, 2012 at 1:09 PM)  

    please add me to the list -- thank you!
    sobrina.tung at gmail dot com

    Anonymous –  (March 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM)  

    Please add me to mailing list as well for the next class!
    abt1023@yahoo.com Thank you!

    Tara Kenney (March 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM)  

    Ooh, so sad I missed this! Your waiting list may be maxed out, but could you add me if you have spots for the next class?

    Many thanks!
    Tara

    Post a Comment

    I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

    xx,

    Miss B.