MMXII 17::EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012

Did you know that you can download a free beta version of Lightroom 4 right now?  You don't get to keep it forever but until March 31, 2012 which is practically forever. I don't do a lot of work in Lightroom right now, I have downloaded the trial a few times but for what I do, it hasn't really worked for me.  I also use the free Camera Raw (ACR) feature in Photoshop for my simple edits, so I didn't feel like adding another expense that I wasn't going to use. I do feel that if you are a photographer that is doing shoots with consistent light and subject that Lightroom could be a lifesaver, one day when I have my product shots down I think Lightroom is going to be mine. If you have been wanting to try out Lightroom I highly suggest downloading your free copy (limited time only).

I cringed today when I noticed one of my fave Flickr photographers had 'favorited' the 'before', I had inadvertently left the 'after' private.  Talk about embarrassing!

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.  

P.S. If you haven't already and are so inclined sign-up for the Natural History prints giveaway!

Toi –  (January 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM)  

Penguins? Shut up! I adore this picture!

I am loving this Natural History theme that you have going on here. Every morning when I get to work my first thought is I wonder what wonderful pic you have for us today. It makes me wish we had a Natural History museum closer to us. I'm sure that you have lots of other great pics to edit, but for now I'm really enjoying these.

Mrs. Limestone (January 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM)  

I have Lightroom and its great. Im not one of those upgrade at every new release kind of girls since I hate having to relearn a program all over again. Any idea what the new features will be?

Miss B. (January 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM)  

Thanks Toi! Mrs. Limestone I found this on DP Review that explains it so much better than I could:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7481161037/lightroom-4-public-beta-whats-new

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.