MMXII::18::EDITING A PHOTO A DAY IN 2012

MMXII::18::AFTER
This editing project for me is an exercise in discipline, an exploration of creativity and an unexpected walk down memory lane. The only problem is, my memory doesn't seem as sharp as it usually is.  I looked at this photo and for the life of me could not figure out what it could be.  It looks like a skeleton of an octopus, except I know Octopi don't have a skeleton.   They do have a beak, but there's no bone in their tentacles. I would think it was a plaster cast except it looks like bone. I just don't know of any Cephlapod with an internal or external skeleton. In that case, why would the museum make the plaster cast (if it is that), look like a skeleton?  I figured this isn't an octopus but some other species or a very imaginative exhibit designer?

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.  

P.S. Jumpstart your creative photography skills and join our Souvenir Foto School here.

P.P.S. Don't forget about the Natural History print giveaway here.

Toi –  (January 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM)  

I don't know what it is, but it looks very ethereal. I like the mystery behind it.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.