QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

 
I have always received a lot of email from my blog friends/visitors, I even tried FormSpring once so the questions could be asked and answered in what I thought was a very organized fashion. It seems that my blog friends/visitors preferred answers one-on-one. As the internet grows and my email bulges with unanswered questions I thought I would just write a post and see if I can get them answered. I have been very slow with my replies lately and I don't want you to find me rude. There's not really an order here. If I missed your question leave it in the comments and I will either add it to this list or answer you in the comments.  Happy Friday!

Q: Is your hair really square?

A: Now that it has been growing out it is no longer square, but becoming very rectangle (no joke).

Q: How is it being a Mrs.?

A: I loved having a 'fancy' (fiancee) but having a husband is so much better! He's such an amazing husband but he does snore-LOUDLY.

Q: When are you going to launch the apothecary section for Besotted Brand?

A: Ah, great question that I have no answer to. I started testing new waxes for the candles and haven't been happy with the results. I also am still playing with packaging, but thanks for the push.

Q: Why are you editing a photo-a-day?

A: I wanted to do a photo challenge like the 365 or 52 weeks, but realized I already have a ton of photographs, what I needed more than taking more poor photographs was to edit some of the ones I've already taken.

Q: Your 'before' photographs for your photo editing project are really bad, are you just a horrible photographer?

A: I hope not! I do choose the really awful ones specifically because I love the metamorphosis of the image. When I shoot professionally for a project like my product shots I am conscious of getting the photographs right in camera so I spend less time editing. You don't want to be doing what I do for this editing project for an entire shoot. I really despise editing bad exposure, white balance etc. on hundreds of photos. I'd rather just try harder when I shoot.

Q: Will there be another Souvenir Foto School session soon?

A: Yes! We always change up the sessions so it will not be an Alphabet edition but something else entirely. I am so excited about it as we have never done a session like it before. It will be in April and I promise to make the announcement for sign-up by March.

Q: I want to know what fonts you use, can you please tell me?

A: Probably not, BUT I can tell you one font that I got tons of emails on and you should buy today because my friend Debi created it and it's awesome. It's called Bellucia and you can get it here. The talented girls that participate in Font Friday always find amazing fonts and I highly suggest blog hopping with them to find their discoveries. Any typophile will find great pleasure in clicking from link to link.

Q: Can I get your resource for X, Y & Z?

A: Again probably not. I'm sorry, I worked really hard to find my resources and establish relationships and it's my livelihood to protect them (if I win the lotto this could change). I will be sharing some of my favorite printer resources with my Souvenir Foto School students though, because I think every photographer should have at least one great print of theirs in their home.

Q: Are you going to be doing a Photoshop class?

A: Yes! I will be teaching photo editing classes w/Photoshop this year online in private sessions for both beginners and intermediate students. I am madly in love with the program and I would love to be able to share what I know with others.

Q: Can you edit one of my photographs?

A: Funny you should ask...I am thinking that since I am doing the MMXII project and editing a photo-a-day that maybe once a week I'll try my hand at editing one of your photos.  I might just do that.

And that concludes todays Q&A. 

Naomi Shiek (January 27, 2012 at 3:02 AM)  

I'd love to say that when I aim for taking good photos I succeed. But with me bad photos (dark, blurry, grainy...) and long editing sessions for an entire shoot (over 700 pics once!) is a way of life. I'm close to despair sometimes.

Intertwyned (January 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM)  

Please let me know when you are holding your next Photoshop class - I would love to sign up! Thanks!

My email is jamie@intertwyned.com :)

Miss B. (January 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM)  

Naomi ah, that's so frustrating to have to edit so many. I actually have to edit for my 'real' job another photographers work and it brings me to tears of frustration. If you can get away with it TRIPOD at a slow shutter speed (changed my product shots completely), and also a shutter release that you don't touch your camera! These two small changes helped immensely (granted you don't look as cool shooting free hand, hah!)

Jamie I will definitely make an announcement, but happy to make you a guinea pig while I work out the kinks so I will be emailing soon!

Jules (January 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM)  

Seriously, your gardenia candle you sent me just burned out. I burned that thing down to the glass! I LOVED it. The smell saturated the room (in a very good way), which is what I expect from a good candle.

{debbie} (January 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM)  

oh my, what a grand idea... i would totally take the photoshop editing class... yesssss!

Lynne (January 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM)  

It's Friday...My perfect order arrived! You are the best!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.