MMXII 26:: EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012

MMXII::26::AFTER 
Today was an odd day, I was really turned around. It all started with my sleeping later than I wanted to, I was hoping for a crack of dawn morning start, but I had set my alarm for p.m. instead of a.m.--oops.  I wasn't going to let this little mix up stop me from all I needed to accomplish today and so I got my girls ready for their walk and left the house with strong coffee brewing. I figured I'd have that strong cup when I returned to start my busy day and I could not wait. The only problem with this plan was I left the apartment without my keys, without my phone and without sunscreen. The first two are a problem, but today it was 80 degrees and no sunscreen on a vampire pale girl is not a good thing. It's amazing that no one would let me use their phone to make a call, but I guess it would be weird for a stranger to come up to you to ask you for the use of your phone, especially if she had two small dogs in tow, was sweating profusely and as bright red as an apple. I finally walked to a hotel near my apartment and the concierge called me the world's most expensive locksmith (never let a concierge call you a locksmith it's better to be locked out). Thus my day started many hours later and well, was really quite a bit of a mess. Souvenir Foto School sold out while I was out of doors and that was one bright note on my otherwise odd day.

With this edit I wanted to leave in artifacts that showed the context of the owls being in a display, although I tried to edit in a way that makes this owl look like it could be escaping, at least it looked that way to me. The one that got away.  I've been getting a lot of emails lately with questions about both this project and my personal life, I know, I know, only I would get that right? So I am going to put together a FAQ, which will hopefully answer these burning questions to the best of my ability.


I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.


Toi –  (January 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM)  

What's with the am and pm thing? I did the EXACT same thing this week. Over sleeping completely ruins my day. And, I've locked myself out of my house with my dog before also. On the coldest day in Kansas history. Brilliant! I feel your pain.

This owl looks like he could fly through my screen and impale me with his beak. I love it!

Adri (January 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM)  

What a terrible start to the day and I am so terribly sad by the fact no one would let you use a phone.. I've been known to hand my cell over to a homeless man to let him call his son (granted, I was praying he wouldn't run off with it, let alone the fact he may have been contacting his drug dealer who would then have my number... but I digress)

I'm hoping the rest of the day went a thousand times more smoothly than your morning!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.