TWENTY-ELEVEN GOALS:: IN REVIEW

Last year I aired my goals for the year on my blog.  This year I plan to do the same.  As you can see from the above lines through the list (the international symbol for 'yes I did it') I was able  to accomplish quite a lot. Contrary to my procrastinator nature I am not all hot air. 
  • I got married after nearly seven years together, (of those seven years, we were engaged for 6 1/2).  I didn't end up getting married on the dates I chose above, but the fact that I did it was enough reason to hark the angels singing.
  • I finally quit my job, something that thrilled me to no end, it's not all puppies and rainbows, I am freelancing for my former boss, so although I don't go into the office everyday I still have a foot in--baby steps.
  • I launched Besotted Brand.  So excited by the response and I can't wait for the future of the brand, I have many ideas (they aren't all paper related). I feel like it has become an excellent source for my creativity to flourish.  I am very happy with this on-going project.
  • I invested in a gorgeous desktop computer, something I have been pining for (and saving) for YEARS.  I haven't calibrated yet, but I will.
  • My husband and I have narrowed down the top four places we want to visit to see if we would like to re-locate there.  We are planning our first trip in February.
  • I sold a few of my photographs this year. I can't explain the feeling of elation I got with each sale.  I love the idea of my images adorning someones walls, what an honor.
  • I have indeed become more proficient in Illustrator. How?  The main thing I did was use it often and on a regular basis this really helped me become less intimidated by the program. I am no ninja like I am in Photoshop, but I have a class scheduled here in January to help me on my way.
  • I did expand my little garden and by December I have successfully killed even the heartiest of plants like mint and rosemary.  No one kills rosemary in Southern California, it's pretty much impossible. I did it.  No more plants for me for awhile.
One of the goals I did not accomplish was to start exercising, well that's just horrific (yes, indeed).  I tried hula hooping for a bit, but then I saw something shiny and stopped.  I am thinking of getting a Wii, anyone else use this to exercise?  I may have mentioned that I used to LOVE to run. About six years ago I started experiencing tremendous hip and knee pain after each run, my doctor suggested I find an alternate form of exercise or I would need to replace my hip (sexy).  My insurance isn't that great, so I decided to stop running and choose leaning in my desk chair as my main form of cardiovascular exercise.  I am just a pile of bones walking around with flappy skin on them, no muscle.  This has got to change. 
 
So, I shall be back in 2012 with my new list of goals, won't you join me?  It's much more fun than a resolution. 

Heather (December 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM)  

Wohoo for completing so many of your goals- really that is GREAT!!

I hate exercise, anytime someone mentioned it I groaned and rolled my eyes. Then, I got on a bike around this time last year. Oh my heck- I love it and for the first time ever exercise doesn't feel like a chore! I get cranky if I don't get my ride in! I am up to about 20miles a week. I recommend giving it a try...

Sara/Matchbox Kitchen (December 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM)  

Congrats on accomplishing so much this year!

Don't worry about the rosemary, I killed one just a couple months ago. I have one that's been around for a few years but the baby plant didn't survive at all. My mint on the other hand is looking worse for wear...

Exercising is always a goal of mine, especially since my boyfriend is a personal trainer. But I just can't get into it. I'd much rather be reading blogs, hah!

Have a happy new year, can't wait to see what you have in store for 2012!

Sew a Fine Seam (December 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM)  

I need to exercise too. The only kind I seem to get is working fabric under the presserfoot of my sewing machine!!

Susan (December 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM)  

You did accomplish a lot, you are inspiring me to make a list! We use the Wii to exercise sometimes, it is fun! Sometimes you forget it is exercise. ;)

Kathy Campbell (December 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM)  

I'm so proud of you!!

And yeah, I killed a plastic plant once, so I feel your pain. It's horrible how bad it can be!

As for exercise, I'm working on eating better (with a buddy even!) and doing yoga in the mornings. My body can't handle anything to extreme (running, biking, etc. because of my knees as well) but yoga is amazing!!

I think I need to go make my own New Years List.....that's a good idea and a great way to make accountability.

A BRIT GREEK (December 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM)  

I've been reading/following your blog for some time now... you're such an inspiration.

It's abfab that you've achieved so many goals! Hoorah!

Have an awesome 2012, may it be filled with joy, laughter and great health!

x.o.x.o

Laura (December 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM)  

Maybe I can help with the new language thing ;)

Have a great 2012!!

Emme Wynn (December 29, 2011 at 9:37 PM)  

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I just finished my page about a week ago! Thank god I found your blog, I surely need some inspiration for branding. I just started my business a year ago and feel that we have a lot in common as far as goals. :)

Toi –  (December 31, 2011 at 8:43 PM)  

Get a Wii and then get the Michael Jackson dance game. That's how I plan to get myself in shape this year. It's win win. I get in shape and then at just the perfect time at just the perfect place I can bust out my Thriller moves!

Unknown (January 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM)  

Happy New Year! If you want to start a Frenchie lingo club, I'm in! LOL! As for exercise, you totally have to go for yoga. It's so awesome and good for you!

Anyhow I'm looking forward to a new year at Besotted!!!

Miss B. (January 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM)  

Thank you ladies!!!! You are all such an inspiration to me and I am SO lucky to have you as my guests in my virtual living room! I like the idea of a Wii, language club AND possibly yoga. Baby steps....

Rachel (January 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM)  

My rosemary is also dead, but I'm hoping that maybe I could revive it? Apparently you do have to water plants at least occasionally, even in socal.

Pure Barre? Trendy + pricey, but I had a really fun time with it. It kicks your butt like crazy, so you'd have to be prepared for that. I bought myself a month of classes and then purchased the DVDs, but I need to start doing them on a regular basis at home. So maybe this isn't even the best suggestion. Sorry.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.