PYGMY HIPPO HOLIDAY

I suppose it wouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if I told you the #1 search term to find my blog right now is pygmy hippo. The runner up is baby polar bear. I need to take a screen shot one day for posterity. 

I hope you all had a great weekend. I finished my DIY desk.  I can't wait to get some photos up for you this week.  The project which I had mentally planned out, (because it's not like I don't own piles of papers and pens to write down my concept), came out surprisingly well. It could have been a big ol' DIY fail, it has happened to me a lot lately which crushes the DIY spirit. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I was under the misguided impression that it would only take me a couple hours to prime my walls, paint them two polar opposite colors, build a desk, sand it, stain it, finish it and install it all without measuring or knowing how to find a wall stud (I even have a stud finder, useless in my hands). When I was finished I had my friend come over and help me with Besotted Brand orders.  The one thing she kept asking me was how? How did I figure it out?  I don't know. All I know is that I needed this desk and counter (Oh, did I mention that I built a counter?) I didn't have a budget for what I wanted so I built what I needed. I did ask for help, I had a handyman come in, but a handyman is handy, not quite a carpenter. He figured out studs, but left a lot to my own devices (not always the best plan). We are planning on moving sooner than later (me and my husband, not me and the handyman) and the pieces aren't particularly mobile, but I'll cross that bridge when the time comes. Until then I will revel in my success.  I am so darn excited to have a shipping area that I don't have to hunch over and develop a hump in my back.

P.S. This pygmy hippo image was politely stolen from a new to me blog called Weird Animals a.ka. the Ever So Strange Animal Almanac.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.