THE COUNTDOWN IS ON...

It is mere days until I tie the knot and I am in a bit of a panic. I am usually a very detail oriented person but it seems I have neglected many details of these upcoming nuptials. For one I forgot to order the Fancy's ring, of course he would never remind me of this folly as he has already mentioned about 80,000 times that he doesn't want to wear a ring. He plays a lot of tennis and is basically a jockety jock so I can see where a ring would be cumbersome, but it's a non-negotiable item. I also don't have a dress, shoes, or photographer--gasp.  We are eloping, I suppose if one is eloping you are sworn by a pinky promise to keep it more hush hush than broadcasting it to thousands of individuals on the interwebs, but I feel like we are close enough that I can tell you. We are picking up our license today, so the reality of the situation has really sunk into my thick skull--no dress, no shoes, no photographer, no crash diet or anti-aging remedy.  I also have broken out on my forehead, no time to even get an order of emergency Pro-Activ, what's a girl to do?  I really like the make-up above, but I have heard that for photographs you should wear much more than you normally would, I don't know if the no make-up, make-up look is going to fly. It's a moot point if I don't have a photographer there right?  I also have a very specific idea of how I want these images shot and so not any photographer will do.  I also have an almost non-existent budget, so good luck to me. I am sure I can pull it together in the next dozen or so days, right? 

Emma (October 26, 2011 at 3:51 AM)  

I hear {as I haven't done, and at this rate won't be needing to do, this} the thing to do it wear make up you would normally wear - just a little more of it so it stays put all day. So that way you wont look back in a few weeks, months, years and see a face you don't recognise {or crazy horses eye shadow!}
You should hit up the Mac/Shu Uemura etc counters for a few free make-overs then you'll know what you want.
Good luck. And eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. x

Alicia (October 26, 2011 at 8:34 AM)  

I wish you lived down the road from me. I would volunteer to photograph your wedding in a second!
Your wedding reminds me of my own. I got dressed in the fitting room of the boutique that I quickly grabbed a dress from on the way to the ceremony, and we found a last minute photographer who had time to shoot 1 roll of film. In the end I wouldn't have changed a thing. It is still my favorite day ever. Cheers to you both! xoxo

jaime (October 26, 2011 at 9:12 AM)  

Miss B.

Remember it is about you, Mr. Fancy, and your love. everything else is icing! As for the photographer. Check out Jennifer Rau photography http://blog.jsrphotography.com/. She is simply AMAZING! She shot my wedding, and my little family years later. Her personality is so calming and wonderful and her eye for photography is stunning. the best part is she live in the LA area. I have no idea what she would cost for an hour shoot, but I know she has done elopement shots before. Here is a link to the 1 hour wedding she just did. http://blog.jenniferrauphotography.com/2011/10/11/one-hour-weekday-wedding-beverly-hills-ca/

If you contact her, tell her Jaime Vines from Boston sent you her way.

Cheers and best wishes,
Jaime

Damaris @Kitchen Corners (October 26, 2011 at 9:23 AM)  

I would totally take pictures of your wedding. Good luck with everything. I wish you all the best. being married is the best

Dana (October 26, 2011 at 12:53 PM)  

Oh my goodness! Well, I can help with one thing! Get Neutrogena On The Spot treatment to clear that pesky breakout up. Also, I hear using liquid band-aid under coverup helps to mask bumps. Either way, you'll look beautiful 'cause you'll have that bridal glow. Good luck, good luck!!

Unknown (October 26, 2011 at 2:31 PM)  

For my wedding seven years ago, our photographer broke her leg two days before the event, so we had to ask a family member (who is a LANDSCAPE photographer) to take over at the last minute. A relative who was supposed to bake the cake was very ill (hospitalized) and we had to order a professional cake with three weeks to go before the wedding--the only bakers available that could deliver to our out-in-the-woods event were less than stellar cake decorators. We found out about a week before the event that we were going to have an unexpected heat wave, in the upper 90s, and I was wearing 40 lbs. of wedding dress. On the way to the event, my mother had a flat tire (with me, my bouquet and the grooms' cake in the car) . . . and did I mention it was almost 100-degrees outside? The flowers were wilted, the cake melted all over me, and we were two hours late for checking in to our hotel.

But you know what? The night turned out really beautiful. I was sweaty, but happy. No one seemed to miss the grooms' cake. The wedding cake tasted delicious, even if it looked awful. And flowers are just for show anyway.

I'm confident if my wedding came together, yours will, too. Good luck.

Rachel (October 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM)  

Make a quick trip to Sephora and get them to give you a sample of foundation primer (I like Smashbox and Hourglass - both are great). Then wear your normal makeup + a tiny bit extra. You'll be gorgeous.

Tea tree oil for the breakout, maybe? That's what works fastest for me.

Downtown jewelry district for the ring? We got D's ring within a couple days. My dad actually got his the same day, within 20 minutes or so. They're miracle workers. We got D a super simple silver ring, because I'm convinced that at some point he'll lose it while surfing, so we didn't want to spend too much money on it.

annie@mostlovelythings (October 26, 2011 at 4:40 PM)  

So exciting! My husband and I eloped (a planned one as well) 24 years ago. We were married on a sail boat and had a surf photographer taking our photos. Sending you all good wishes! It will all come together beautifully!

Miss B. (October 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM)  

Thank you ladies, I am taking all of your advice!

xx,

Miss B.

Michelle P (October 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM)  

Yay -three cheers for love! Just fly by the seat of your pants, & remember that however the day comes together, it will be perfect because it's yours!

P.S. Have you seen this elopement video? Such a sweet idea:
http://vimeo.com/16064348

Susan (October 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM)  

It will all come together, don't worry! Relax and enjoy the ride ;)

Mrs. Limestone (October 27, 2011 at 4:14 PM)  

Oh have a wonderful time - it will all fall into place. Kudos to you for being so relaxed about it all. Congratulations.

Noelani (October 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM)  

Of course you can pull it together!! Practice makes perfect with the hair and make up if you want to do yourself. And, shh, we ordered my husband's band of amazon. He really didn't care as long as it was simple and cheap. Done and done, with two day shipping.

Anonymous –  (October 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM)  

Congratulations! So exciting. I'm sure it will be fabulous. I hope you post pictures. Welcome to married life!

Kristen (October 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM)  

Good luck and congratulations! We planned a wedding in less than 1 month and even though looking back I might have done little things differently, I really wouldn't change overall how it all came out. It really is about your day and making it the best day ever, even if you forgot to do this and that (and I'm sure it will all turn out fine anyway) and plus at the end you get to be married to the best guy in the world! :)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.