SCENES FROM THE STUDIO

I thought I would share some quick snaps from the studio.  My once pristine and very sparse office is now stacked from floor to ceiling with inventory and shipping supplies. It has come to both my attention and my aching back that I will need to replace my desk for something much higher, what do you think of this? Making my studio shipping friendly and my back not hate me.  I have lost my shipping chops, although my bestie Jules assures me that they will come back, I can only hope so.  You see, I take an awful lot of time and energy on each parcel. I want it to arrive and feel like a present and if it doesn't I have failed.  I remember as a wee lass I would shop for Christmas gifts at a General Store, yes a real General store and I loved how they tied all their parcels with twine, wrapped in tissue and finished with labels--pure perfection.  I would watch in unadulterated pleasure as my shabby little purchase was transformed into what could only be called a masterpiece. With my $10 budget I would buy gifts for my entire family and would be smug with how pretty everything looked over their plebeian efforts at wrapping in commercial papers with synthetic bows.  My family never appreciated my fine taste and soon the General store was bought out by big business as it was considered a dinosaur in the new 'modern' age of the 80's. I miss that store. I am convinced I would still be shopping there today if it existed, but instead I try to hold on to the tradition, an invisible torch was passed and I am the bearer. I can only hope that I make the General Store proud. I tried my best to keep the memory alive and as authentic as possible. Now if I can only get faster at it and my back would be a team player, I'll be golden.

diane @ a spot of whimsy (October 27, 2011 at 8:02 AM)  

i know it may not be efficient, but i just love a beautifully wrapped package. can't wait to get my first besotted order (packed with love!) soon :)

Jenny @ Hank + Hunt (October 27, 2011 at 9:14 AM)  

...small paper packages tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things... dada daaa da....

Love that song (probably got the words horribly wrong, but it sounds great in my head!) and love these little pretties.

Jules (October 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM)  

That's the way it is in Argentina. All you store packages are wrapped up with patterned paper, a ribbon, and a shop label.

Have you seen the IKEA islands? Lots of people use those for shipping, including Nicole.

Emma (October 27, 2011 at 12:10 PM)  

everyone knows half the joy of a gift {from yourself or someone else} is in the wrapping!

Danielle (October 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM)  

I've had that PB project table on my wish list for many many years. If only I had the space for it & extra cash lying around. SWOON!

rooth (October 27, 2011 at 3:50 PM)  

The stamps look particularly pretty all stacked together. I'm glad business is good!

Miss B. (October 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM)  

Thank you ladies! I love when you all stop by makes days in the studio alone with the pups not so lonely:) I think I found a Pottery Barn look-a-like craft desk for a fraction of the cost but I am exploring some other grand ideas as well.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.