A WEEK OF E MAGS:: EST MAGAZINE

 
While the rest of the blogosphere has cornered the market on their Franco + Anglophile obsessions, mais oui,  I am going to quietly pine for Australia (someone has to).  I've never been but would kiss a pig for the opportunity.  I could probably do a week dedicated to Australian design, and perhaps I shall. Whenever I spot an Australian home mag I feel like they have captured the essence of my dream home style--Simple classic pieces, mixed with industrial chic, tons of natural light and nature thrown in with nothing too precious. Afterall, Florence Broadhurst was Australian, an eccentric and wonderfully ingenious woman that definitely inspired a ton of modern interior design and was way ahead of her time.  I feel like Australian design is way ahead of its time but also timeless, how very clever of those Aussies. Est Magazine feels like a highly edited mag-a-log, it has great vignette's, smart profiles and even a dash of fashion.  I think you will like it and maybe you will join me and become an aussie-o-phile as well.

Jenny @ Hank + Hunt (September 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM)  

I am with you...I am infatuated with Australia. I keep finding gorgeous inspiration, blogs and photos and it's all from down under. I've even gone so far as to put it on my 5 year plan to go visit. Thanks for the gorgeous find for a new magazine.

naomi (September 9, 2011 at 12:58 AM)  

I dont know why it has taken me so long to comment. Maybe it has to do more with the fact that you are in my Google Reader-not conducive to commenting, but it keeps me updated.

Anyhow, I just wanted to stop by and tell you what a fine blog you have and what an awesome purveyor of all things design you are.

I'm a huge fan. That's it.

A Loyal Reader

Miss B. (September 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM)  

Jenny, of course you are, you have such fine taste, feel free to share your finds with me (pinterest?) I am seriously obsessed!

Naomi, thank you so much for stopping by! Your kind words made my evening:)

Kate (September 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM)  

While you're on EST mag's front page, please view the video The Ship Song project and listen to some awesome Aussie singers! It makes you tingle.

I used to think Aussie style was just a mix of all other styles, like our population, but you can really identify some unique stuff these days.

Come on down, all of you, and I'll arrange a tour bus!

Susan (September 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM)  

I would love to see Australia, and they have such talent there. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.