FEAR NO.01:: AN OPEN LETTER....

One of my fears with opening the Besotted Brand shop is that I have taken so long to open (the BB LLC was created three plus years ago), that what I offer will not seem original. I started my Etsy shop in 2006 and couldn't get a trademark on my then name (named after my naughty Frenchie-Bella), so I had to switch branding and name. What seems like a decade later, I will  finally be opening the long awaited Besotted Brand.  Time truly does fly.  In the interim I was sidetracked by a fabulous internet opportunity that took all my free time (and all my not so free time).  I got hired in-house as a Brand Director for one of the most prestigious design company's in the interior design industry (I so wanted to try my hand in the interior design world, I still love interior design but not as a career). I hosted multiple free on-line photo classes, all of which took time away from the impending launch of my beloved Besotted Brand (none of these things I have regretted mind you). I guess I just want everyone to know that these offerings are original. I was one of the first shops on Etsy to offer custom wood handled rubber stamps (if not the first one). I created gig inspired and typographical posters + custom stationery flats all with vintage inspired designs and the now very popular wrap label. You will get all that and more in the Besotted Brand emporium.  My aesthetic has not changed as much as it has become more refined and more true to myself, wherein with my former shop I tried to please the masses and had more color than I felt comfortable with, I will reign that in and keep to a palette that I find pleasing (and hope my clients do too). It has been a learning curve this re-brand and re-launch and I am actually rather pleased that I waited, because if I did it sooner I would not be able to give the shop the time + attention it would need to flourish. Things have changed and so have I. When I launched my Etsy shop I couldn't take one decent photograph, I would beg my Fancy to shoot my products for me. So, yes that has really been worth the wait for me to learn how to take my own product shots and feel comfortable enough to actually showcase them. You know what?  Having written this open letter to you, I feel so much less stressed, go figure?  Sometimes it just takes getting out of ones own head (and way) to feel much better about taking the next step. Thank you.

P.S. This is a gel manicure, it lasts 2 weeks and dries immediately so I never smear scarlet polish over my snow white three pound dog G.G. (as I mentioned prior I take her with me everywhere).  I love it to pieces (the gel manicure that is and of course my little dog, but she's my baby and not an it).

Amy (August 2, 2011 at 7:50 AM)  

You know, many of life's greatest people, minds, moments did not arrive over night. That's just part of the adventure; and, I imagine, what makes it all so very great to begin with ...

So yes, no worries--it's going to be fabulous!

karey m. (August 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM)  

i, for one, have been a fan for AGES. much respect for what you've done, but a whole lot of giddiness for what's coming.

like i said, a big fan of you.

xoxo.

{and i LOVE those gel manis!}

Miss B. (August 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM)  

Thank you Amy, I so appreciate your kind words:)

Miss Karey you are so awesome, that you even know that I exist thrills me to no end (seriously). Thank you for the note and hopefully one day we can sit side by side getting gel mani's together.

Thank you ladies for making my morning!

xx,

Miss B.

Whitney @ Whisker Graphics (August 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM)  

Oh Miss B.! Unveil, unveil! Can't wait to see all the wonderfulness that you're shop will be filled with. When is the BIG day??
xo,
Whitney

Miss B. (August 2, 2011 at 11:11 PM)  

Miss Whitney, you are getting a sneak peek of course;)!

jenny @i am j e n j u a (August 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM)  

miss b. u are a constant inspiration and breath of fresh air. i am so loving your new blog, your beautiful photographs (taken by YOU) and the always helpful tips you have for us adult continuing education artsy type students. :) i am anxiously awaiting the opening of your shop and applaud you for continuing fearlessly toward your vision. we will wait patiently no matter how long it takes. xo

Unknown (August 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM)  

I never heard of your work until yesterday, but just browsing the first little page of your blog I'm excited! I think you'll be a not-so-overnight success, ::wink::

alexandra (August 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM)  

Can't wait for the big debut. And as a fellow gel devotee, I love that color! Did you find a good place in LA?

Kathy Campbell (August 27, 2011 at 5:15 PM)  

I absolutely LOVE you and am so very very proud of you. <3 When I'm on the computer, it's mainly for work stuff, but if you need help, let me know! <3 Loves!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.