URSUS MARITIMUS

I post this image with the thought, 'How will I ever top this?'.  For years I have posted cute in the form of smiling pigs, mini cows, ponies and donks, fantastic Frenchies, owls in knit caps, baby pygmy hippo's and the list goes on, but a newborn polar bear?  It's unthinkable to unleash such cuteness at 12:00 a.m. Pacific time but I'm doing it.  I am throwing caution to the wind and hoping that this has solidified myself as the preeminent authority on cute animals. The only unfortunate thing is I do not know the photographer of this image, which is probably for the best because anyone that was able to get this close to a baby polar bear is someone that I would want to stalk and well that wouldn't be good now would it? I found out Via KPriss in the comments this isn't real, but trust me it doesn't stop it from being undeniably cute and creative, it's a doll from talented artist Tatiana Scalozub. A doll?!  The talent that abounds out there in the world always amazes me, Ms. Scalozub's polar bear still may take 1st prize for cute.

kpriss (January 24, 2011 at 4:45 AM)  

I have a good news and a bad news.

I'll start with the bad news: it's a fake (I fell for it myself when I saw it first and thought it was the most adorable lil' animal I ever saw in my life!)

The good news is that we now know the photographer and more - the actual maker of this cutie! You can find it here.

Talking about gifted people, huh? (not to mention the power of photography!)

Andree (January 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM)  

Oh my! At first I thought it was a baby koala! Polar bear? Whatever the creature is, I want it. Pretty please?!

Miss to Mrs (January 24, 2011 at 10:07 AM)  

I'm going to pretend that's a real polar bear baby. I liked it 1000X better when I knew it was real. Real or fake, it's beyond adorable.

I think you should buy that pattern and make one of your very own!

Miss B. (January 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM)  

It's a fake?! Amazing! Newborn polar bears are usually 12"-14"inches long and weigh one pound, but I suppose they wouldn't look this cute. I will go stalk the person that created this now, thanks KPriss:) Miss Andree and Miss Toi, I agree it doesn't matter, so cute (but totally cuter if it was real).

Suzanne (January 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM)  

totally cute! I want one!

Rowan (January 25, 2011 at 3:38 AM)  

omg. That is just super super cute.
Believed it was real. Very convincing.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Becka Robinson (January 25, 2011 at 11:30 AM)  

I had never EVER seen a baby polar bear until this moment and have thusly decided that I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! ;)

The Illustrator's Wife (January 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM)  

So cute. You are right, I don't care if it's fake, you are indeed the authority on cute animals. ;)

Vanessa (January 28, 2011 at 6:09 PM)  

I totally thought this was real before I read the whole post. My old college roommate and I always used to talk about how a baby polar bear was the best pet we could ever imagine having in our little apartment. I still want one, and now even more than ever!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.