URSA MAJOR BY J.PHILLIPS

On Monday's I like to delight with a dose of cute preferably in the form of a baby animal.  On my hunt for cute I came across artist Jenni Phillips Ursa Major piece.  This truly goes beyond cute and could even fall into the 'magnificent' category but since I am a creature of habit and feature cute on Monday's let me go with the cute angle on this one (but truly it is magnificent). The work is not a flat print, which would be equally as stunning, but it's an articulated paper doll piece which makes it wildly more fabulous.  It's so clever and original, polar bears appreciating the constellation Ursa Major (in Latin the 'larger bear')? Being able to reposition your polar bear mom and polar baby to suit your fancy?  I adore this more than than you can even imagine.

Miss to Mrs (December 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM)  

How do you find these things? That picture with the baby on the momma's back is just too much! I agree, this is truly magnificent! I've never wanted to play with paper dolls so much in my life.

Jessica (December 29, 2010 at 1:02 PM)  

wow, that is absolutely stunning! I am so in awe of how creative people are:)

Miss B. (December 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM)  

Toi + Jessica, I am so pleased to have you visit! I am glad I was able to introduce you to this little bit of magic:)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.