SOUVENIR FOTO SCHOOL::FOOD + FOTO:: NO.004

It's Tuesday!  I took a little break from the interwebs so I could cook my heart out for the last four days.  I like any excuse to feast. The above bread was baked by moi and I am so proud I could burst.  My first bread attempts were fine and edible, (a plus) but the crumb was a tad on the dense side and I love those airy holes and crusty, crunchy crust which I wasn't able to accomplish until this weekend. I tried my hand at a beer bread and it was horrible, it was my fault I used a very hoppy beer (it had a pretty label) and it overwhelmed any other taste the bread would have had if it had any other taste than a weird alcoholic one.  I am convinced you would be arrested if you drove after you ate my awful beer bread. I tried Jim Lahey's recipe on Saturday, the bread wasn't ready to bake until Sunday--so. worth. the. wait.

That brings me to week four of our Food + Foto project,  only 2 weeks left and I can't believe that I have actually accomplished a semblance of continuity with the images, so unusual. These were taken at night with the help of my trusty lights.  If you didn't make it into class this time but are looking for a creative photo project, food certainly is an excellent subject. I think you will find it both challenging and inspiring, bonus you get to eat your 'props'.



Dionne (November 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM)  

Yummiful! I love baking bread, and this looks sooo good!

Unknown (December 2, 2010 at 2:21 AM)  

I love shooting food, but this has been difficult as I am just not cooking much these few weeks. So I am getting by on fruit and simple things. Love your bread, I may just have to check out that recipe!

Cassandra Dias (December 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM)  

Just wanted to stop by and tell you I love your new little space over here :) Congrats on your move to the new home!

xo,
Cassie

{Stop by and say hello!}

Miss B (December 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM)  

Thanks for stopping by everyone:)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.