SOUVENIR FOTO SCHOOL::FOOD + FOTO:: NO.003

So here we are at the half way mark of the Food + Foto session of Souvenir Foto School.  My goal for the six weeks is consistency with my images. I have been consistent with light and subject, although I do feel like my set is a little boring.  Don't get me wrong, I love plain and simple, but I think I have veered this side of a yawn.  It has been very challenging for me to try to recreate the same sort of light at different times of the day, ideally I would have chosen the best time for my light and shot at that same time each week.  Unfortunately, my current schedule doesn't allow for the luxury of planning around my shooting so I am making do. This shot and the last one were shot with artificial light and I am pleasantly surprised at how well this device has been able to mimic natural light. 

For those that may be curious this is usually what my breakfast looks like--a piping hot latte with French pressed espresso and loads of frothy foam.  I indulged in this tool to assist with the milky clouds that top my morning "breakfast", it's great for making the fluffy frothiness that I adore but it doesn't make the milk warm enough for my taste.  I have since seen other models that are a little more fancy but what I really wish was that I had seen Lucinda Scala Quinn's easy way to make foamy cappuccino's before I was out so much dinero. On the bright side?  I do save money by having my coffee at home and it's so much nicer to drink my latte out of porcelain than paper.


 

Damaris @Kitchen Corners (November 24, 2010 at 4:40 PM)  

Your pictures are beautiful. I want a tutorial on how to use my little studio with artificial light. I seriously, can not get it to work.

Miss B. (November 24, 2010 at 6:52 PM)  

Hi Damaris thank you! Do you have the same set-up the Lowell lights?

Julia (November 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM)  

I know how you feel about having the same photo, because that is what I was thinking about me! I am hoping to feature different knives in all future submissions. would you make the latest linky page available from your sidebar?

Julia (November 26, 2010 at 10:49 PM)  

and thank you for the recipe link for cappuccino. I use a french press, I have a whisk, I am so making a cappuccino in the a.m.

Julia (November 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM)  

disregard my request for a sidebar link. i just found the older posts button. sorry. feeling dumb now.

the black rabbit –  (November 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM)  

Mmmm, looks good. It's like having a cloud in a cup.

darcy @ m3b (November 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM)  

Happy Thanksgiving, Tristan!

xo!

Darcy

Dionne (November 29, 2010 at 12:02 PM)  

Happy TG!

I could do with a nice frothy cuppa right now!

Dionne (November 29, 2010 at 12:03 PM)  

PS. Tristan, I am thinking of making my blog template bigger, I would like my images to be larger. is this a template you're using? If so, where can I find it? can you please email me at spotty_zebra@hotmail.com?

Thanks!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.