DARE TO FAIL BY LISA MANN DIRKES

I love this illustration to the moon and back. I saw it on the interwebs and went on a mad hunt to find the brilliant artist who created it.  I wanted a print for my office 'like yesterday', alas when I finally found the source the artist had sadly passed away last year of breast cancer.  I don't know why, but I felt such a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach that someone so incredibly talented could not be with us anymore. I love this image and the sentiment and it will forever hold a sweet spot in my heart as I don't think there was ever an image as charming + motivating as this one.



Sew a Fine Seam (August 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM)  

That is an inspiring print! I need to keep remembering to keep trying - failure isn't necessarily always a bad thing! At least in biz we are trying new things and pressing on!

Unknown (August 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM)  

I love it too...such a sad tale.
Your WebStore is FABULOUS, just working out what I need ;-)
Catherine
www.cashmerelover.com

Anonymous –  (August 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM)  

Oh, thanks for posting this!

Miss B. (August 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM)  

Jill isn't it a wonderful sentiment? If you don't try you can't fail, but where does that leave us? Stagnate for sure! Thank you Catherine for the kind words:)

kristen (August 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM)  

this stopped me in my tracks...both the beautiful image and your feelings about how it moved you so.

thank you for sharing. it was just what i needed this morning...i also shared it on my blog, too.

inspiring as always!

Merissa Revestir (August 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM)  

Wow, she created such beautiful work. It is such a sad thing to hear she has passed. This cute illustration and handwritten saying is very motivational, especially knowing that she was fighting cancer when she created this. Let's make everyday count and create beautiful things. I am so inspired by this post. x

Christine (August 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM)  

What an enchanting vision she had. Terrifically sad she had to leave us. Thank you for posting this, her site is magical.

Amy (August 23, 2012 at 7:47 AM)  

Oh, I love it! But for some reason, that wee elephant seems an orphan now that I know the story . . .

Kristen (August 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM)  

So glad I found your blog. Lisa's work is so inspiring and beautiful. She was actually a good friend of my mothers, and would be so happy that her art is touching people. She was a beautiful soul and it most definitely showed in every piece she made.

Catherine (August 26, 2012 at 8:48 AM)  

What a wonderful print and story to share... I pinned this a while back and it never ceases to remind me to persevere. Merci!

Unknown (August 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown (August 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM)  

Miss B. Thank you so much for your kind post. It makes me so happy my mothers work inspires you. I miss her everyday but when I come across stuff like this, well... it makes all the difference.

Support our cause! Pick your self up a beautiful limited/numbered print via Lisa's website www.lisamanndirkes.com or Facebook Wazala store https://www.facebook.com/LisaMannDirkes/app_147605761926866

Sincerely,
Fred Dirkes
fred@lisamanndirkes.com

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.