SMOKE ON THE WATER

We have had a bunch of rogue thunderstorms here (even though it's been hotter than Hedes) the result is the pond outside my back door starts to smoke. In a word? Rad. I am trying to anticipate these storms better since I have been building shelves for my studio on the deck (not having a garage and all), word of advice? If you have a garage use it, a deck makes for havoc with things like varnish and wind (remember I live next to a forest? Forest equals pine needles and things). I also have to be aware of these random showers and pull everything indoors. When I mentioned to mu husband that I was going to build a TV stand next, I think the horror in my husbands eyes was telling, but he just blurted out, "When are you going to have time you have been working on those shelves forever."  Seriously, I am up against the elements fella, Rome wasn't built in a day and so what if my shelves are taking 3 weeks, 2 days and 12 hours longer than anticipated? The shelves, oh how I wish I could begin to let you know about this project. It would have cost about 30 times less if I bought this similar one and had it overnighted, but alas I tried. I am trying to rationalize that mine are built for my space, it's horizontal versus vertical, etc. I am not making myself feel better, I am feeling a tad defeated by this diy. At this juncture the only choice is for the show to go on, so I am going to make these million dollar shelves work if it kills me and if I get caught in a storm on the deck with the metal poles it just may!

P.S. I used these amazing (and affordable) Photoshop actions from K.Miller for these shots.  I love her actions I think they are the best ones out there for truly emulating a film effect, she's a film photographer so she really has it locked down. You can check them out here.


Unknown (May 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM)  

I just love your photography! Just spent a wonderful hour looking through all your posts. Simply stunning. You capture a certain peacefulness and calmness in your shots. Feel like I have learned a lot just from viewing your beautiful work! Thank you for the link - great stuff.

Miss B. (May 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM)  

Thank you Spark what a sweet compliment on this Monday!

Anonymous –  (May 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM)  

AMAZING POST:) Your blog is so wonderful and I want to follow..do you have twitter or FB??

If you want some décor inspiration from Sweden, check out my blog:)
Have an awesome week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Susan (May 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM)  

Southern storms are both scary and beautiful!

Amy (June 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM)  

Ooh, I love those photos!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.