TOP KEYWORDS TO FIND MY BLOG

I am going to confess that I am no blogging expert. Sure, I have been blogging longer than most of you have been able to legally imbibe, but I am no expert. When I moved to the Blogger platform, I thought it would be a temporary stop on the information super highway and that I would be building my big, beautiful Wordpress masterpiece within months. A little over a year later I am still here. Since I thought it was temporary I never really investigated the 'stats' option.  I don't really care, I don't monetize this blog so as long as I get comments I am a happy camper.  I have peeked under the hood (so to speak) a few times, mainly at the 'key word search' because I like to know how people find my blog.  The few times I have, the search words have always amused me and I have thought to myself I should take a screen shot.  I am a professional level procrastinator so that hadn't happened, but today I did. For the record, the last search word combo, I have never had on my blog, although, I am a fan of babies-huge fan.  I often wonder if the people looking for these search words are disappointed when they finally arrive?  It's one of the reasons I stopped doing my Cute Monday's, because I didn't want to lead anyone on that this was a mecca for cute; when it was really only a mecca on Monday's.  I also didn't love that I couldn't find the source of the cute any longer, it made me feel guilty and I have enough guilt being born Roman Catholic and married to a Jew, it's like guilt on steroids here already.  Speaking of guilt, I can dole it out as much as I can stew in it and I can not take it when people unfollow my blog, it ruins my day/night/month/life, if you follow it you know what it's about and when you unfollow I lose my mind (and my self-esteem). So, please don't follow me unless you are sure you like me, because I have a whole highschool thing I thought I got over, but the blogosphere has brought it out of me again, sigh. Does anyone else feel the same way or am I the sole neurotic on the web?

Rachel @ The Block (April 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM)  

You are definitely not alone! The social networking world can totally feel like high school: round 2 for me. The cold, hard data tends to freak me out. It is so hard to stop my self-esteem from going up and down with my Google Analytics report.
I have to constantly remind myself that it is the real life things -- that someone is inspired or motivated by my blog to change or do something -- not all the crazy stats and numbers, that really matters.
Thanks for this post! It is refreshing to read honesty in a world where everyone wants to have it all figured out :)

RosyRilli (April 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM)  

That's really quite comical! I never knew there was such an area where you can view the top word searches. Thanks for enlightening me :)

Dear Demoiselle (April 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM)  

Not the sole neurotic, no. I don't use Google Analytics much, but I check how many followers and subscribers I've got, and I get a low self-esteem if I lose one (although unsubscribing might just be stress-related; when I returned from my Easter vacation I had some 200+ unread entries in my reader, which totally made me freak out).

Miss B. (April 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM)  

Thank you Rachel, your note made me laugh. Rosy, if you are on blogger check your stats on the lower left for 'key word search'. Dear Demoiselle, okay, I am going to believe it wasn't me, hah!

Kathy Campbell (April 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM)  

Definitely not crazy!

In fact, I don't let myself look at my numbers more than once a month because otherwise I get OBSESSED and it affects everything I do. So I don't look at it, because it shouldn't really change how I write.

Oh, and if you need help with your Wordpress site, let me know! <3

Miss B. (April 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM)  

Thank you Kathy! I wish I lived closer so you could sit down an d teach me, I would really love to learn WP!

Odrija Heinrihsone (April 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM)  

hello there,
just wanted to say that I've been following your blog for quite some time and I follow a whole lot of blogs. so, when I haven't had the time to check my RSS feed for a couple of days, there are like a thousand unread posts I flick through - BUT, out of all those posts I always take the time to read yours because, well, they do deserve it!

Amy (April 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM)  

Oh, that makes me feel better. I've often felt that the whole blogging world is a lot like high school. :)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.