SMASHBOX BB CREAM REVIEW

I've had a Sephora gift certificate in my wallet since Christmas.  Yes, of course it was burning a hole in it, I am a hardcore beauty addict, but since leaving my job and starting a new business the luxury of shopping at Sephora had become a thing of the past. I was saving the gift certificate for when I really needed it.  I started to hear about this new miracle make-up from Smashbox and I decided I really, really needed it.  The product is a 5-in-1 item- it primes, moisturizes, has SPF 35,  nice coverage and something else I can't remember (maybe it does your laundry?) it's their new BB cream ('BB' stands for beauty balm). I am pretty picky about my foundation, I have dry skin and hyper pigmentation (from years of hanging out in the sun with Crisco and tin foil, or something like that). I have never had any luck with tinted moisturizer and I really love the Nature Luxe I've been using, but...this is a 5-in-1 and I am driving cross country, if I can bring one product instead of 5 (even though I can't remember the 5th thing it purports to do), well I'm going to look into it.  I'm giving it a huge thumbs up!  I wouldn't consider this a tinted moisturizer, it gives great buildable coverage and is not as sheer as a  tinted moisturizer, for me this is a good thing, for someone looking for a tinted moisturizer maybe not so much. The first time I tried it without using moisturizer but I found I needed more moisturizer underneath, so the next day I tried with a little dab and it was much smoother. They say you only need a pea size amount and 'they' aren't lying.  A  little goes a long way, this tube should get you through the entire summer and maybe the first couple weeks of fall.  Every time I have worn it my husband has complimented me and said I looked pretty, he also mentioned that he likes me like this-- 'fresh faced and no make-up'.  I like myself with this 'no make-up' too.  It's light enough to still show your own texture through so you don't look like you are wearing make-up, but it covers everything you want to cover--flawlessly.  It's a keeper.  Oh, total extra bonus, it supposedly diminshes lines and improves skin moisture in five weeks (guaranteed). They sold me, maybe I've sold you?  I ended up using the entire gift certificate (I obviously have no self control) so I will be bragging, sharing my thoughts once I test everything else.

Kathy Campbell (April 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM)  

Oooooo, I've been hearing about this too and wondering about it!

It's something I've thought about buying for my Makeup Artist to use on my clients before their sessions and you've now sold me! I think I'll need to buy one of each...and an extra fair one for my own use!!

Adri (April 24, 2012 at 2:50 PM)  

Miss B. you are killing me with these reviews! After the mascara and Nature Lux post last week I drove promptly to Target and bought them to see what it was all about... now you have me dying to try this Smashbox BB cream... the rest of my makeup is starting to get jealous. I have no problems throwing you under the bus. I'll give them your email address. If you start getting hate mail from some old foundation at the bottom of the bag I can't be held responsible.

Heather (April 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM)  

I just read about BB and was thinking I should try it. I too have a gift card burning a hole in my wallet!

However, you sold me on the Nature Lux and so I bought it hoping for heaven in cream...but was a bit disappointed. I found it to be too greasy for my face. BUT, if you are saying the Smashbox BB worked for you after you added a real moisturizer then maybe it will be perfect for me.

Love your reviews, can't wait to see what else you found!

Miss B. (April 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM)  

Mrs. Soup, people are swearing by this, great for shoots! Adri + Heather Sephora will make nice samples for you! So you can try before you buy:) On both the Nature Luxe and the B cream, a LITTLE goes a long way. I DO have super Sahara desert dry skin, so I need a lot of moisture. Heather with the Nature Luxe try a couple dots on your nose, chin and forehead and blend outward. The key to any foundation is blending and a light hand. I know this because I worked in Fashion for years, I used to wear my foundation like an idiot, if you got 2 steps near me you would have had a stain of foundation on you. I am a SLOW learner. Try the samples first, but Sephora will return if you hate!

June Shin (April 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM)  

This product sounds amazing! I'll have to wait until I use up my current foundation, but I love Smashbox products!

Sara (April 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM)  

I absolutely love your makeup/beauty reviews. Definitely stopping by Sephora tomorrow to get a sample!

Anonymous –  (May 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM)  

I have heard about this product but not if it would be suitable for a teenager with acne? would you recommend it?

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.