OCEAN DIAMONDS

Yesterday I made it to the beach, no it was not a pupil free day.  I had a doctor's appointment in Santa Monica (a mere 15 blocks from the ocean). I knew it would take forever, it always takes forever. I discovered that my self diagnosis of vertigo is not vertigo at all but extremely low blood pressure. That made me chuckle, because I am so stressed out all the time I would think that my blood pressure would be off the charts high. It was so low the nurse took it a few times just to make sure the machine hadn't malfunctioned and that I wasn't dead. One of the side effects of low pressure is extreme dizziness and sometimes fainting, how very Victorian of me. They drew a bunch of blood as well, just in case I wasn't feeling dizzy enough. To make up for my being tortured my husband took me to the beach as planned so I could try to get some ocean diamond photographs for our walls (my favorite, when the sun makes the water sparkle). When I finished processing the first photo above I announced to Ace that I was going to blow that one up, his response? "That one? It's not even in focus." Sigh, so much for artistic license.

spiral style (April 18, 2012 at 3:20 AM)  

I think they are totally amazing!!! Hope you feel better.

ClaireH –  (April 18, 2012 at 8:13 AM)  

FABULOUS! I was down the beach last night and the ocean sparkled in the sunset...AWESOME!

Susan (April 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM)  

Yes, how very Victorian...you need a "fainting chair"! Glad you figured that out. ;)

Lynne (April 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM)  

Pointillism. Painting with a lens. Beautiful.
~Lynne
w/L.

Vang (April 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM)  

These are photos are beautiful! Certainly will look wonderful on your wall or anyone's wall for that matter. I typically have low blood pressure too. I've been turned away from blood donation centers for that reason.

Vang

Miss B. (April 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM)  

Thank you ladies for the sweet words, I will let him know that he obviously doesn't have an appreciation for the dreamy blur--boys! I do think I need a fainting couch and maybe a paper fan as well, lol.

Danielle (April 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM)  

These are simply stunning.

Tiffany (April 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM)  

Ah, those photos are gorgeous! I get the same response from my hubby at times and I have to throw artistic license out the window... Oh well!

j rose –  (April 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM)  

from a fellow dizzy-headed-extremely-low-blood-pressure-girl to another, I love these photos. The lighting is gorgeous.

Kathy Campbell (April 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM)  

I would totally want that one blown up! Gorgeous!

Miss B. (April 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM)  

Aw, thanks ladies, I am so shoving these comments under my husbands nose, hah!

annie@mostlovelythings (April 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM)  

I have just been catching up on your last several posts...such dreamy photos! I had to pin a few and it took me a minute to decide which board to pin the photo of the sparkling water and the turquoise railing. At first I thought PLACES, but then went for PHOTOGRAPHY because it really is such an amazing photo!
annie

erinkathleen (April 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM)  

in focus or not, they are absolutely breathtaking. I say hang them when your husband's out of town. :)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.