THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH

Okay, the title should really read, "The Fountain of My Youth", but that didn't sound as alluring.  The real fountain of youth is in St. Augustine, Florida, Ponce De Leon discovered it, remember him?  But as usual I digress.  Where I live there are supposedly 23 major fountains and innumerable non-major fountains (meaning in residents homes).  I have always dreamed of having a large Spanish style fountain, with aqua tiles, sparkling water and fuchsia Bougainvillea growing wild around it.  In fact, I always dreamed of a Spanish style house, my very favorite. I love the curved archways, tiled floors or dark, large plank wood floors, beamed ceilings, wrought iron staircases and light--lot's of light.  I don't think I will be finding a Spanish style house in North Carolina. I know I will have to forgo the architectural style I covet, but I am already scheming of ways to bring some of my favorite parts of the City of Angels into my new home. I have been researching my 'zone' for gardening and have made insane demands on which way this future house is to face in order to get the best light.  I noticed in the area we were looking that the lawns were green and overgrown. I have plans for our future home to grow large walls of shrub so we won't need a lawn, bring in Bocce ball gravel with a tinkling fountain of course.  This is all just dreaming out loud, the place we end up may not even allow any of this crazy talk, but a girl can dream right?

P.S. We just started watching Arrested Development on Netflix.  I don't think I have ever continuously laughed out loud at a TV show in my life.  I have a major crush on Jason Bateman now, I am a sucker for gapped teeth. If you need a laugh, I highly recommend it.

martha (April 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM)  

Two things. A) I love these photos (it's 90 degrees and DRY where I live now), and B) your shrub/bocce/fountain dreams sound totally possible, and lovely.

Julianna Collett (April 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM)  

Love the first image. Received a big box of paper goodness yesterday ,thank you!

Kathy Campbell (April 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM)  

Lovely and peaceful! I'm now dreaming of a fountain with aqua all over too!

Miss B. (April 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM)  

It's been really hot here too Martha and I have been checking the weather in NC and it has been even hotter, yikes! Julianna thank you (smiling big), I am so happy you got the paper that took forever! I hope you have fun with it. Kathy, a fountain is a good dream, aren't you moving too? Maybe you can have one, I bet baby Soup would love it!

Emily Jeffords (April 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM)  

AHH!! So beautiful!

I just found your blog and I absolutely love your selections! So full of lovely color and pattern.

Emily
www.BeautifulHelloBlog.com

Anonymous –  (April 23, 2012 at 2:45 PM)  

Those photos are so lovely! Makes me want to cool right off (in our hot Texas weather!)

And so glad you're watching Arrested Development. You'll never think of the chicken dance the same again! :)

Danie at Pasadya (May 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM)  

You are RIDICULOUSLY talented! I'm dying over here looking at these photos. Unfortunately, I've only seen the first two episodes of Arrested Development, but I laughed. A. Lot. ..."Just get in the box...I'll make you disappear."

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.