MMXII::60::EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012::

MMXII::60::AFTER
My design 'roots' are in gig poster design.  I never actually had a band as a client, but that did not stop me from designing gig posters for groups that I admired and some that existed only in my mind. I have actually done quite a few custom gig inspired wedding posters, but my contracts stated I could not share with the world. That's just my luck. Whenever I am working on a design project that has me feeling like I have no more design juice left in me I go back to what I know I can do, the ol' gig poster. This isn't one per se, but if left to my own devices it could easily translate into a mixed CD cover. Those are going the way of the Dodo, first the mixed tape, then the mixed CD, sigh.  I am happy with this edit, it's not perfect, but a million times better than the 'before'. I wanted to do something special to mark my 60th edit. 60, that's quite a lot of time spent away from doing things I should be doing. I am going to chalk this project up to creative rejuvenation. I am serious, I learn so much with each edit (and we all know I am a Photoshop Ninja), I feel the pull to be more innovative and try new techniques with each upload. That's a gift to someone that was feeling a little stunted creatively. Maybe you should consider trying this out alongside me?

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.


P.S. The beautiful (and quite rock n' roll) quote is courtesy of Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Catherine Fishback (March 13, 2012 at 2:00 AM)  

Love this poster. Anything that shows off the sparkles of the ocean wins my heart.

XO,
Catherine
FEST

Sobrina Tung (March 13, 2012 at 2:33 AM)  

i love this editing project of yours so much. you are so talented!! do you teach editing classes? I would love to learn from you!

Miss B. (March 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM)  

Catherine I love those ocean 'diamonds' too! I am always hoping that I find an opportunity to shoot them:)

Sobrina, thank you for the sweet note! It is definitely on the horizon as soon as we are re-located I am going to start working on the classes. I have so much fun with these edits and I would love to make Photoshop less intimidating for people!

honeypieLivingetc (March 14, 2012 at 9:36 AM)  

.. and it shows .. stunning work, miss b ! xo

Estelle Hayes (March 20, 2012 at 3:46 PM)  

This is beautiful. The quote and the image. We named our daughter Emerson after RWE. He's a total rock star.

Unknown (March 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM)  

I love the poster, first. Second, its very sad that people aren't making mixed CDs anymore. One of my most treasured possessions is a mixed CD my husband gave me the first Christmas we knew one another - before we were even dating! Its such a tangible reminder that someone, somewhere thinks you are worth spending that much time and thought on.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.