CIVIL UNREST

If you asked me if I would ever have a photograph of a cemetery on my blog I would probably furrow my brow and wonder if you were talking to me. How random. That's how I felt about these cemeteries, yes plural.  It seems in the South there are many of these small burial plots, they just hang out on the side of the road minding there own business.  What I neglected to shoot was that there was a Target right across the street and this cemetery was flanked by two very nice homes.  If we end up choosing to move to North Carolina I will not be living next to a cemetery. The one above was in Marietta, Georgia and my father-in-law said that a lot of these cemeteries were Civil War graves. They are all over so it really puts into perspective the scope of the blood shed of that war. I just found these grave sites in such odd juxtaposition with the 21st century all around, this one was really (no exaggeration) on the side of a major street. It was like getting out of the car and stepping back in time.

martha (March 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM)  

This is my home town! I don't even know which cemetery you were at, because yes, there are lots (probably one across from each Target). :) I always liked them, because they gave a sense of history, and when you wander in them, you get snippets of other people's stories. Maybe that's morbid?

Susan (March 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM)  

I find cemeteries to be so calming and beautiful...although I'm with you-would never live next to one!

spiral style (March 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM)  

Love the sense of history and that the cemetery is so well maintained. Very respectful. Love the serene photo.

Miss B. (March 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM)  

Lol, it's a little morbid but so is going in and taking photographs of graves of people I don't know. Susan, so would not live next to one, so many beautiful houses had them in their backyard!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.