MMXII::40::EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012::

MMXII::40::AFTER
I am early today, no late night editing sessions in bed with my cortisol levels at a peak and cold sweat dripping down my face. Nope. Today, is already shaping up to be tremendous, the sun is shining, birds are chirping and I have made at least a dozen scratch offs on my to-do list. Timing myself has become something that actually works for me, who knew?  I tried to make this edit look like it was shot with film, I did a whole week here dedicated to film photography so if that doesn't make you believe I am 'into' it, I don't know what will.  I used some of my Christmas gift certificate  the other day to buy a new book.  My husband was a little miffed as the gift certificate was to be used towards books for the Kindle he got me (I love this thing and want to marry it). I used part of the gift certificate to get a subscription to Smithsonian magazine, which I was so excited about until I found out that each new issue delete's the issue prior to it. WHAT?  I can't read an issue of Smithsonian magazine that fast, who can?  There's National Geographic issues from 1977 that I still haven't gotten through, sheesh. After this discovery, I felt safer buying a 'real' book. Besides this book is pretty gorgeous and it needs to be held and flipped through at one's leisure.  I am now the ecstatic owner of Jonathan Canlas 'Film is not Dead' book and I love it more with each page turn.  If you are interested in film photography I highly recommend it.

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

Toi –  (February 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM)  

That looks like you took a picture on the moon. It's cool.

I'm investigating ways to have my Kindle surgically attached to my hand. I'm not sure how I lived before it came into my life. But, I agree, sometimes it's nice to have an actual book. I like my nice fancy Kindle, but it will never replace my love affair with real books.

Kathy Campbell (February 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM)  

This is BREATHtaking! Like, I want a series of four into a beautiful square arrangement on my wall!

And FIND is amazing. Jonathan Canlas is such a great person too, which is always helpful. I met him at WPPI last year in Jose Villa's class and hope to meet him again in a week or so!

Miss B. (February 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM)  

Toi when you figure it out refer me to your surgeon, I seriously love the Kindle, I think I have downloaded about 18,000 sample chapters from every book that look remotely interesting!

Kathy you are always so good for my ego;) I am so envious you met Jonathan Canlas AND Jose Villa, WOW! Do you know how starstruck I would be? I would be like a teenager at a Justin Bieber concert!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.