MMXII 35:: EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012

I'm supposed to start working on the new blog re-design tomorrow, where do I even begin? It's not so much aesthetics that are the hurdle but the functionality. I want so much! I also don't want to forget all that I want. I have been scribbling in notebooks for months, but all my notes are here and there and not in one convenient area to reference. I hope I can put the little bits together to form one cohesive story. I know this isn't a great edit, I was feeling a little overwhelmed with the impending task at hand and am going to just go with this. One of the things that is weighing heavily on my mind for the new blog re-design is image size. I sized a lot of things to fit the parameters of this here blog and well, I don't have original images, so either I have to stay with this size or make larger and have all my older images look warped and pixelated. We should all have such trivial worries, no?

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

Emily (February 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM)  

I'm planning a redesign, too, and that is exactly what I'm worried about! I think I'll try to keep my main column the same size or bigger and hope for the best!

Emme @withlov3 (February 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM)  

I love pink and the softness in these japanese magnolias!

Naomi Shiek (February 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM)  

Looking forward to the redesign!
Your color width is great already, I think. The pictures are all big and clear, no matter how narrow I make my window, so I wouldn't enlarge them. With the font size you have now the ratio of words per line is just perfect for easy reading too. I'd say keep it as is in terms of column width.

Miss B. (February 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM)  

Emily, let me know what you decided! Emme, I didn't know these were Japanese magnolias1 I just thought they were pink magnolia's they are on parade EVERYWHERE in the City of Angeles, it makes me so happy!

Naomi, I appreciate that feedback, I was thinking anything bigger may be horsey and I REALY appreciate the feedback on the font size. I worry that it's too large, but I cringe when I go to a site and it's too small, because it makes me feel old!

Julianna Collett (February 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM)  

Just went through all of that. it can be so daughnting .Your beautiful blog was inspiration.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.