MMXII::09::EDITING A PHOTO A DAY IN 2012

This is the first edit that I am 'OK' with.  I am really hard on myself and look at my edits and want to do more, more, more. I learned a few things with this-how to create a fog effect, it took me awhile until I got it right and then I found the Nik Color Efex has it available in one click on their new filter offerings.  I am always doing things the hard way. Live and learn, right?  

In other news, I was able to play with the 100mm macro lens I rented.  I both hate and love renting lenses, I love it because I can try something I can't afford to buy and I hate it because I often fall in love with a lens and to give it back is such sweet sorrow.  It's how I feel about this lens.  I don't have any experience with macro lenses so I was under the very wrong assumption that this lens would only be good for close-ups, but it's a great portrait lens as well! It stops down to f/2.8 so you can get a lot of light in and it's very sharp.  If I had the money I would be adding this lens to my kit--yesterday.  To take my product shots I had to stand on a ladder and my tip toes to get everything in the shot, it's like a mini zoom.  I plan to show you some of the close-ups soon and we both can swoon over this lens.  Have any of you tried it or are lucky enough to own a macro lens?

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

Kellie // 74 Lime Lane (January 10, 2012 at 4:57 AM)  

You are going to hate but this is the lens my hubby bought me for my birthday two years ago. And yes, it makes the most loveliest portrait lens going around. Golden hour and my kids = tons of lovely photos. Well worth the money!

Miss B. (January 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM)  

I KNOW you have this, I made a comment on your blog how envious I was of your lens, but really I didn't know that it was good for portraits as well, that is such a great surprise. I really do want to save for this lens, I feel like it's a do everything one:)

Toi –  (January 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM)  

This feels like Kansas!

Merissa Revestir (January 31, 2012 at 8:29 PM)  

I enjoy reading about your edits and seeing your results. I totally love this fog effect. It looks so natural! I've been thinking of renting the 100mm macro for a while now, and perhaps I will. I'm on a budget too :) Nik Color Efex sounds interesting and I'll read up about them and check out their product photos on their site. Anything to save time is great with me, especially if it's gonna make your photos look wonderful too. x

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.