MMXII 24:: EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012

MMXII::24::AFTER
*Note to self*--When you come upon a dodo skeleton take more than one photograph and if you must take only one photograph at the very least make it worthwhile. I am always learning my lessons the hard way. I actually am quite fond of the dodo and have read several books on the subject and their demise. One of the books I recommend if you are interested is The Return of the Crazy Bird. It baffles my mind why I would only take one very poor snapshot of a subject I have such an affinity for. I knew when I went to edit this I wasn't going to be able to save much and it would have to be a more 'artistic' take. My vision was to try to mimic an old projector film still, something that might have been played in school in the late 70's but was made in the 50's. Anyone get that?

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

Sew a Fine Seam (January 26, 2012 at 7:40 AM)  

Wow. I have to say I like what you did with this one! I love looking at the before to see what all you did to it!

chia (January 27, 2012 at 7:01 AM)  

I have a book about evolution, extinction and ecology that I would like to recommend to you! It's called The Song of the Dodo, and has definitely a chapter about the dodo but also a lot more. It was recommended to me by a professor and I loved it so much I now recommend it to everyone else!!!

Miss B. (January 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM)  

Thank you Jill! Chia I want to read it, I love the subject and obsessed with things becoming extinct, really, obsessed. I will see if the library has it, thank you!

chia (February 3, 2012 at 2:06 PM)  

Hope you'll like it!! it reads like a travel book but you'll learn soooo much (without realizing it!). i've always been a pro-conservation tree-hugger, but never studied much ecology because i went into engineering, and now cell biology. good thing i finished the book before meeting a fellow Malaysian student in Zurich who is studying the ecology of the Borneo rainforest - I understood his work enough to impress him and we've been together since :D

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.