A CHRISTMAS EVE TAIL


Yesterday after work I decided to finally address my crazy long hair situation.  Hair doesn't get that long by chance, perhaps the person possessing that crazy hair has had a series of bad haircuts that made them a little gun shy when it comes to the hairdresser? A petite phobia?  When I arrived at the  hair salon a.k.a the scene of the crime, I discussed with the stylist the length I wanted and the cut. Please view exhibit a. here (the girl on left) and exhibit b. here for reference. I also wanted to donate my extra pony tail to Locks of Love an organization that makes hairpieces for disadvantaged kids that have suffered hair loss from medical conditions. I knew they needed at least nine inches and at ten inches my hair would still be long and not miss the extra length.  I was feeling smug with my decision, how could I get a bad haircut when I was doing something so valiant? I suppose very easily.  I do not know where on the reference photos it showed I wanted to look like Marcie Johnson from Peanuts, but that is the cut I got.  My hair is square, not figuratively but actually square. So whilst I try to act as if nothing is wrong, I will be crying into my wrapping paper this afternoon as I try to will my square hair to grow.  Never a dull moment for Miss B.  In other news, if I don't make it back here tomorrow wishing you all a Happy Holiday!

image of marcie by charles schultz


Heather (December 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM)  

Oh I am sorry! I too am gun shy of stylists...I some how got a dorothy hammil hair cut, and it wasn't the 80's, we're talking a few years ago. shudder!

Vitamin E and other antioxidants are supposed to help with hair growth, and, up do's hide a lot.

Sew a Fine Seam (December 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM)  

Oh Bummer:( But please post pics - I bet it's not as bad as you think:) Let us be the judge for you!

Kim @ Yellow Brick Home (December 25, 2011 at 11:23 AM)  

Oh, goodness! I bet your short bob looks cute, but I can imagine your frustration. It's too bad I couldn't point you to my AWESOME girl in Chicago - she keeps my hair long, adds in layers all over for interest, and most recently, she cut me shaggy bangs - like your exhibit b.

I bet you still look beautiful!

akgardne (December 26, 2011 at 2:38 AM)  

I just heard this the other day and it should cheer you up..."The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about 2 weeks." Until then think good thoughts about where your lovely hair may end up.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.