WHAT THE FROCK?

I am certainly as exhausted as I have ever been.  Tonight will mark the last event for my 'old' life and in a way ring in my new one. I am pretty excited about the latter, the former well it is all very bittersweet. This is a huge event in terms of time and toil and I do hope it goes smoothly for my own sake, yes, you have to look out for numero uno, especially when the people that hired you for said event don't give a flying frock about you. Speaking of frocks, I am having a fashion melt down.  I wish I was wearing a number like the one pictured above, but alas I am wearing a rather boring black sheath for the zillionth time and have to forgo a manicure.  Chipped nail polish looks quite lovely on the likes of the Olsen twins, but looks quite hideous on moi. I don't have enough hours in this day to fit in a quickie and am hoping that the room is dim enough that my hangnails don't upstage the rest of my ensemble.  I find it rather amusing that I actually thought I would be able to meet some of the people I stalk on the internet  while I am here in San Francisco like Melissa of Reverie Daydream, Anne from City Sage or the genius behind Divine Twine--Whitney, let alone my God parent's.  I barely had a chance to eat last night. I have a very warped sense of time, almost like a time superiority complex, I think I have all the time in the world and then realize I don't have any at all and am basically a time pauper.  The reality of it is quite jarring, sigh.  So wish me luck tonight, I will need it, to keep my sanity in check.  I think I may be able to manage as there is a light at the end of this tunnel and it looks like it is quite bright....

Amy (October 13, 2011 at 7:34 AM)  

I absolutely love this post-the title, the dress. And "time superiority complex"? The best thing ever!

That said, certainly you'll shine your way right into new adventures!

rooth (October 15, 2011 at 11:48 AM)  

Best of luck - a new adventure is the best kind of adventure

Simply Mel {Reverie} (October 18, 2011 at 12:25 AM)  

oh hon. no worries. trust me, i get hectic. it's my life. one day we shall meet, and when we do, it's going to be absolutely lovely.

AND i bet you rocked the chipped nail polish! ;)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.