APRICOT GLOW PHOTOSHOP ACTION

Only Tuesday and already I have an onset of heavy, shallow breathing.  Yes, I am that busy. I am trying to wrap up one branding project, start digital comps on another (a chocolatier!), do a portrait shoot for a major magazine and launch my shop. My brain feels like it is sizzling. To counteract this feeling of frenzy I do what  I do best--procrastinate.  Lucky for you my procrastination turns to goods for the blog. This is a glowy apricot photoshop action, it works really well on over exposed skies and makes fields nice and cream.  I haven't tried it on portraits but the action is fully adjustable so you can play around.  I have included a before + after image in the download so you can get an idea of what type of image works for best results.  Happy editing! Now I must get back to the grind.  You can download your free apricot glow here.

P.S. For those of you having trouble I *think* it has finally been resolved. 

Merissa Revestir (August 30, 2011 at 6:44 AM)  

Aloha Miss B.,
Love this action you've created. I downloaded and tried applying it to my photo but somehow none of the steps work as I played them and a prompt saying "not available" as it goes through each step. Is it compatible w/CS5? I wish I can get it to work. Apricot glow is such a pretty action :)
Mahalo, Merissa.

Miss B. (August 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM)  

Hi Merissa-

It was made in CS5 and I have no idea what I did wrong, I will re-create it when I get back to the studio, what a bummer:(

photo-melanie (August 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM)  

Its not working here either :( Its sooo beautiful!! I absolutely love it!!

Miss B. (August 30, 2011 at 5:53 PM)  

I just uploaded an updated version, I tried it on a few different images and it ran. SO hopefully the error is fixed:)

Stephanie –  (August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM)  

Hi Miss B. Thanks so much for the actions! I love your work. I tried the updated version and it's still not working for me. I get an error message - The object "action "SNAP!" of Workflow BB is not currently available. I've done some research and can't seem to find a solution. I know you're a busy woman, so if anyone else out there figured it out. Please let me know. Thanks again for the freebie!

Miss B. (August 31, 2011 at 12:30 AM)  

Hmmm? I wonder what I am doing wrong, it's working on my computer, let me try again, gah! I shall figure this thing out.

Debi –  (August 31, 2011 at 8:59 AM)  

Thanks so much for your generosity! This is a beautiful action. I also downloaded and love your Blush+Gray action too.

photo-melanie (August 31, 2011 at 11:04 AM)  

It's partly working here and I already used it! Its gorgeous... still, in the middle of the action it's not continuing... however, the first part is already pretty good too ;)

Stephanie –  (August 31, 2011 at 11:30 AM)  

It's working. And, fabulous! Just wanted to let you know the same issues are happening with the Blush and Gray Action. Thank you again for the actions! Love your work.

Miss B. (August 31, 2011 at 12:24 PM)  

I am glad it's *kinda* working. Melanie what version of PS do you have? It should work in all versions. Stephanie I don't know why the blush + gray action wouldn't work, gah!

Miss B. (August 31, 2011 at 12:28 PM)  

Yikes, I think I figured out WHY the blush + gray is not working, what a dum dum. I will fix and re-upload with an update.

Kim @ Yellow Brick Home (August 31, 2011 at 2:39 PM)  

Miss B, I love this action. Photoshop actions + me = love.

Thank you!

Four Flights (September 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM)  

I am growing more and more fond of "actions" in Photoshop. So fun, so easy and requires so much less work on my part. So thank you for this lovely action set - it looks beuuutiful!

Anne (January 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM)  

This is gorgeous. Thank U so very much!!!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.