STRIPED SHIRT PORTRAITS


I came across these amazing striped shirt portraits by illustrator Mary Matson (who really deserves another post, so, so talented), each piece was inspired by a striped shirt belonging to one of Mary's fabulous friends. The artwork is being sold in limited editions for Japan at the delightful Chance. You do know about Chance don't you? If not you are going to want to kiss me through the screen for introducing you to this emporium of simplicity and chicness.  Word on the street is there is a brick and mortar store in NYC, if this is true I am adding it to my 'must visit' list when I am there next week.  Yes, I may be leaving for New York, in the middle of summer where the humidity will be so thick even my naturally straight hair will develop a wave. I am going for a client but plan on extending my time there a couple days so I can do important things like visit M+J Trimming (a crafter's mecca).  I am also hoping to meet up with some fellow photo enthusiasts and shoot in Central Park.  I was lucky enough to be able to do this once with one of my Souvenir Foto School students and it was such a thrill to be able to meet a cyber friend in person. So if you are in New York next week and feel like taking a stroll around the park at twilight with me (and you are not an axe murderer) send me an email. If you guessed that I will need to hold off on my soft launch for Besotted Brand you would be correct. With all this anticipation I certainly hope I won't be letting anyone down, I do know that no matter what I will be over the moon to finally unveil my shop and be able to finally share it with you.

Kari (July 5, 2011 at 4:37 PM)  

I, much to my dismay, don't know how to take pictures (beyond the slightly blurry digital ones on my iphone) but if you wanted a cyberfriend for shopping at M&J Trim, I am up for it!

It is right near where I work (Fashion Institute of Technology) so would be delighted to grab some ribbon and an ice cream or something with someone I read every day!

Miss B. (July 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM)  

Kari I am so down! Email me please, I would love a cyber pal to explore M+J with and ice cream is always perfect for a NYC summer day:)

xx,

Miss B.

Pink Ronnie (July 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM)  

Hope you have the best time in NYC! I am not an axe murderer and would love to stroll in the ark with you but alas I am in Sydney. Looking forward to your store!
Ronnie xo

Anonymous –  (July 6, 2011 at 5:26 AM)  

I'm loving this shot too!

Anonymous –  (July 6, 2011 at 5:29 AM)  

oops! wrong post! That was meant for the 4th of July post! :-P

alexandra (July 7, 2011 at 1:19 AM)  

This site is fabulous - I want to move in!

And that Alexandra print is kind of calling my name :)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.