LA BARDOT

 
If I could have my hair wish come true it would be to have someone be able to cut my hair like Miss Bridgette Bardot.  I have tried so many times, so many stylists and to no avail.  The last stylist made me look like I have payas, alternatively known as earlocks (not that flattering on moi).  It has been one hair appointment disappointment after another.  I am not going to give up though, with my getting hitched this fall and all I am going to need some good hair, no?


PHOTO BY::RALPH CRANE::VIVA MARIA

Unknown (June 25, 2011 at 9:38 PM)  

You're getting hitched? Congrats!

Kelly –  (June 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM)  

I found your blog through Jules from Pancakes and French Fries, and I love it!

I did a bit of research and this photo was taken in 1965, while filming "Viva Maria" in Mexico. Ralph Crane took most the the photos of her and her co-stars during that shoot (including the candids off-set) so I think it's worth a guess to say he likely took this picture.

Best,
K

Pink Ronnie (June 27, 2011 at 8:16 AM)  

I know the feeling of disappointing haircuts. Argh, such a pain! On a brighter note - I didn't realise you were engaged! A belated congratulations from moi!
Ronnie xo

Miss B. (June 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM)  

Thank you ladies for the congrats! We have been engaged for a very, very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong (did I mention long?) time. It's time to finally make an honest man out of my Fancy (fiancee sounds so 'fancy' to me).

Kelly, thank you for the research! How incredible are you? I shall credit Mr. Crane until someone says otherwise. Thank you for your kindness and visit!

xx,

Miss B.

Unknown (June 28, 2011 at 10:31 AM)  

Congrats on the engagement! But, wedding or not, trying to get a decent haircut is totally insane! This picture of Bardot is all I could want! I've resorted to pulling out scissors and cutting my own fringe, gasp-I know. But I'm getting much better results now, then my $120 haircuts that made me weep!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.