KONTUR KONTUR

When I grow up I want to be Scandinavian, is that too much to ask for?  If you check out who I follow on Blogger it seems like I am stalking Scandinavian's left and right.  I am even enamored with those of Scandinavian descent such as the effortlessly beautiful and talented Jenny Gordy of Wikstenmade.  There's a creativity that is marked by an ability to edit and restrain, so only the most subtle and beautiful is manifested in the final product.  I come from a long line of maximalist so it seems only right that I should turn up my nose to the more is more  adage and long for less (it's what most kids do try something different form their kin). I think of collections as a sort of maximalism that I don't partake in but when you see them laid out like the images above by Kontur Kontur you can't help but eschew any notions of max or mini and just embrace the pretty.  Sigh.

Cathe (March 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM)  

LOVE this Tristan! I think I am going to pin it to my "Cathe loves..." board on Pinterest!

Pistachio (March 24, 2011 at 3:34 PM)  

Ha, ha, ha! I am Scandinavian (Swedish & Norwegian & Danish!) and when I grow up, I would like to grow up to be Scandinavian too (my last name means oak house in Swedish)!!
Cheers!!

Maia McDonald (March 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM)  

I too want to be Scandinavian when i grow up! I always find myself drawn to their clean and utilitarian design sense. Maybe it comes from living in such a beautiful locale.

Miss B. (March 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM)  

Cathe oh yes, this is so up your alley! Lucky you Pistachio and Oak House would be a cool name for a little hideaway. Maia I am glad you too share my desire!

Anonymous –  (March 25, 2011 at 2:29 AM)  

Hi Miss B. I love your blog so much...I kinda want to be you a little bit. So in my effort, i'm trying to edit my pics like yours. Decided to invest in photoshop but....there are so many options and versions and colours. I got confused :( ...What do you use to edit your gorgeous pics?

Thanks

Ash - trash310@live.com

Miss B. (March 29, 2011 at 3:01 AM)  

Hi Ash! I use Photoshop, but I had to for work so I was able to really learn it, I don't think that would be what I would have started with. Photoshop Elements is pretty robust and at $99 (you get a discount if you are a student or have a child that is a student) it's steal. Also, there's an opensource (free) program that works similar to Photoshop called GIMP with layers etc. and a lot of people rave about it. I found this link that has even ore opensource links:

http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-alternatives-to-photoshop/


I LOVE editing photo's and you never stop learning new tricks. Good luck!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.