GOOD-BYE KNUT

It's been a sad time in the world and I hope that instead of bringing on a collective depression it brings about great change and rallies people to feel more proactive. Every person has the ability to make a difference.  

The Fancy told me Saturday that Knut the famed Berlin Zoo polar bear that I had featured on my Blahg + blog more times than I can remember passed away.  I had one of those heart sinking feelings and almost got pulled down a hole of despair when I decided that now is not the time to feel sorry for myself and what I can't do for baby polar bears and nations affected by disasters but what I can do.  I can make sure that I am thankful for what I have (love, a roof over my head, running water, food) and I can make sure that the ones I love know that I do.  I hope on this Monday that you make it a point to share your love with someone, it can be as easy as a smile, a sincere thank you or just a hug, it is what we all have to give and how we can band together when it seems like everything else is out of our control.  So with that I bid you a fine Monday and if no one else tells you today, know that I think you are amazing, special, creative, smart, funny, beautiful and I love and appreciate you. 

Toi (March 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM)  

Thank you. I needed that perspective. This is EXACTLY what I needed to read this morning. You're the best.

Kathy Campbell (March 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM)  

Thank you. After another rough weekend at the ER and hospital, I needed this. <3

Miss B. (March 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM)  

Toi + Mrs. Soup I am sending you both virtual giant polar bear hugs:)

Unknown (March 24, 2011 at 12:09 AM)  

Hey Miss B, Do you still want "to die for cute animals" emails? Where shoul they be sent?

Whitney (March 28, 2011 at 1:32 AM)  

Thanks, I live in Christchurch, NZ and I can tell you that one thing we are in need of right now is a big dose of positivity from the rest of the world. I hope more people react to these dark hours the way you are!

Miss B. (March 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM)  

Sue, yes please! Send them to besottedblog [at] gmail.com!

Miss B. (March 28, 2011 at 1:35 AM)  

Whitney, I hope they do as well, I am sending over a virtual hug your way:)

Chelsea (November 14, 2011 at 12:43 AM)  

I loved Knut, and didn't hear the terrible news. My fiance taught me the little you tube song in German and I still remember it. xo

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.