STUDIO MAKEOVER::WHITE

It took me a couple weeks, but I managed to put my second inspiration board together for my pal/decorator--the white version.  I am surprised she hasn't fired me yet as her 'client'. I am so on the fence about everything.  We went back and measured the room and some of the items I liked and her mantra became-- "Tristan, just pull the trigger". I am so not a trigger puller, but I am getting closer. For those just coming upon this blog I had a black version that centered upon an amazing bookshelf, but when I went to visit the bookshelf in person it was a sorry version of itself--a cardboard box with painted Popsicle sticks.  So the decision was made to go the way of the white and here I am back at the virtual drawing board. 

Here are some of the decisions I have made (thank goodness) -- 1. The wall which once was going to be painted in chalkboard paint will now be painted in a matte grey/charcoal. I will be using a magnetic paint primer, which will make my walls ready for my inspiration board and will be a neater/cleaner version of the original idea. 2. I will be making a built in desk to run the length of the wall.  I am either going to follow this super simple DIY or use these sawhorse legs (again decisions aren't my forte). 3. I am going to get a backless drafting stool, because I love them. No, I won't be using it as my desk chair., I'm crazy but not that crazy 4. The white mod chandelier that is currently in the room will be replaced with an industrial looking piece, which will coordinate with my vintage brushed stainless task lamps that I already own (and love).  I am happy to be moving forward, we moved to the flat in June and nearly a year later it still has piles of forlorn books on the floor and in boxes.  It's time to um, pull the trigger.



Emma (February 8, 2011 at 4:50 AM)  

That design sponge diy desk has long been a dream of mine. one day I will have it. I will.
If you go down that route please post us the details of how you did it.
{love love love all the inspiration images}

Miss B. (February 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM)  

Hi Em, I will absolutely take photo's, cross your fingers that I don't mess it up!

Kathy Campbell (February 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM)  

Cannot wait to see! And you can so do this. Especially with your NEW JOB you need it!!

Miss B. (February 8, 2011 at 3:05 PM)  

I am pretty excited Mrs. Soup, I do need an inspiring studio space, I can't wait to make this happen:)

Kirsten @ Triple Max Tons (February 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM)  

Can't ever go wrong with all white...I have a white bookshelf, stainless topped desk with white legs, black boxes. Need to finish it off with accessories, and this is great inspiration!

~Kirsten
http://www.triplemaxtons.com

Miss B. (February 8, 2011 at 11:20 PM)  

Kristen where did you get your stainless topped desk? That sounds amazing!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.