MMXI::TWENTY-TWO

I shot these beauties this morning on my way to work.  I am impervious to the lure of the cherry blossom.  It's such a happy tree, don't you think?  Cherry blossoms are the botanical equivalent of popped champagne. The 'before' wasn't able to capture the golden light so I brought it into my edit.  I am planning to do more edits on this 'session' this week, just because I want to see if I can create a cohesive series.

Sarah (Tickety Boo) (February 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM)  

How gorgeous! It's such a beautiful tree.

Every year there is the US-Japan Cherry Blossom Festival, and I was once a Cherry Blossom Princess.

A pretty fun distinction, haha.

Pixie (February 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM)  

Where oh where are you that there are cherry blossoms?! It's still grey, cold, snowy, damp winter no blossom on anything...

Unknown (February 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM)  

is this from the brklyn botantic gardens? are they blooming? hope i don't miss them this year.

Dionne (February 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM)  

Oh dreamy pinks - how I long for Spring!!!

Miss B. (February 8, 2011 at 11:24 PM)  

A princess dropping a note? How fabulous Miss Sarah! Pixie + Jaine I am in the City of Angels, we haven't had much of a winter, which is not so great since a lot of the flora is dying around here. It's been unusually warm, I wouldn't mind some cozy days. Snow, rain, wind, whatever, this dry heat is not as fun as you might think.

Toi (February 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM)  

I can't tell you how jealous I am that you get to see cherry blossoms when you walk outside. I see snow and slush and everything is grey. It's beyond depressing. Enjoy those pretty little pink flowers a little more for those of us stuck in misery!

KateM3 (February 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM)  

Pretty. I used to live in SF and used to take shots of these all the time, too!

Now... more pics of your Frenchie, please! ;)

Unknown (February 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM)  

ahhh, LA. still a great city to be in... hong kong feels like spring this week so it's great but getting chilly starting tomorrow!

Unknown (February 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM)  

I think you mean pervious . . . which I certainly am whenever cherry blossoms are around. And we don't have any cherry blossoms here yet, just flowering plum trees.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.