TWENTY-ELEVEN GOALS

So I mulled it over with George and she thought perhaps it was a good idea that I share some of my goals for 2011. Granted, George was sorely disappointed that none of my goals included bacon, perhaps next year.  Let me briefly walk you through my list and hopefully by the simple act of adding + airing it to the interwebs I shall magically accomplish them all, a cyber osmosis of sorts.
  • Get married. On the 30th of December my Fancy (my fiancee) and I wrote down some of our goals.  We both agreed that we should get married all ready.  We (meaning me) decided on two dates--9.10.11 or 11.11.11.
  • Launch Besotted Brand. I do have every intention of launching Besotted Brand which if you are not sure what that is or what I plan do, my tagline is 'purveyors of fine design',  so I plan on doing some fine purveyoring.
  • Become more proficient at Illustrator. I have never been great with Adobe's Illustrator. In fact if there was a short bus for graphic designers I would surely be relegated to it. Good thing I am enrolled in a class next week so I will be honing those neglected skills.
  • Buy a new computer and have it calibrated. My current computer may as well be an abacus. I have needed a new computer for about oh? Half a decade now, it's time.  My new computer will be calibrated so my print outs will actually correspond to the colors I see on the screen, how novel.
  • Learn a new language. With the exception of Pig Latin and a few key words in French my language repertoire is sorely lacking. Being that mi madre speaks mainly Spanish I figured I would try my hand (or rather my tongue) at that. It will give me someone to practice with at the very least at the very best I will finally be able to argue with her in her native tongue. I checked out the Pimsleur Spanish cd's at the library and have been listening to them in the car and at the office.
  • Quit my job and earn a living doing what I love. Need I say more?
  • Make some $$$ from my photography. I will take it in any capacity-teaching, classes, editing, my prints, actions, textures, clients, etc.  This is the year for me to make this happen.
  • Start a creative writing project. I do a lot of writing for work but it's the kind of insipid text that any reader unfortunate enough to have it placed in front of them can attest to it being an excellent curative for insomnia.  The dictionary would be more lively.  I am bored just writing about it. I have asked an ally in the plight against banal prose to join me in the good fight, she has agreed to help save me from myself.
I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory, but if you need clarification I am here. I am pretty thrilled that I am head long into day five of this new year and have actually made some progress on my list.  At this rate I may actually be able to accomplish some of the above.

xx, besos, mi amigas!

Jules (January 5, 2011 at 1:05 PM)  

Yay! I can't wait. Email me and we can start putting some plans into action.

Miss B. (January 5, 2011 at 1:38 PM)  

Ai Ai Captain, sorry don't know how to do the accents here in the comments box, but pronounce it 'cap-ee-tohn';) I am gathering info for you as write this, I am a supreme multi-tasker....

alissa (January 5, 2011 at 1:52 PM)  

LOVE this list! super inspiring!

Miss to Mrs (January 5, 2011 at 2:48 PM)  

I can help you a lot of these. The house across the street from me is for sale. Scouting for a location to move to, done! This would mean you would have to travel to an exciting place because the midwest is EXCITING! The house has a big yard so you can have a giant garden. You would have a whole new city to explore and you could get exercise by walking your girls across the street to my house for play dates with my girl!

Five things wiped off your list just like that! Oh and you could probably get a few mini animals since it is the midwest. That's a bonus one since it didn't make your list!

Miss B. (January 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM)  

Thank you Alissa! Toi! How fab would that be? Then I can come over and borrow sugar and stuff and squeeze Lucy!

Andree (January 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM)  

Ok My Dear Miss B,

I have officially book marked this post - for inspiration!

Si quires hablar Espanol, venga en Espana! te gusta much Madrid!

Ou, si tu veut parler un peu de Francais, il faut venir ici!

Your plans look wonderful and I have no doubt you'll have them all crossed off by next year!

big hugs,

liz @ bon temps beignet (January 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM)  

So exciting! I love your possible wedding dates. Ours are 3/20/10. Hubby says he'll remember it easily as "3-2-1" but I'm worried he'll end up thinking our wedding date is March 2nd. You're gonna be a beautiful bride. Congrats!!

Unknown (January 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM)  

I so want to get better at Illustrator too. It takes practice and time, of which I have little. One day I am going to devote large quantities of time to CS programs. You seems to be doing great in the design arena though if you ask me. Why do you want to move?

Miss B. (January 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM)  

Thank Miss Andree, I so appreciate your support and someone to practicar avec, gracias et merci. Liz, I love 3.2.1 that's really sweet and thank you for the compliment *blush*. Pure Design, thank you as well for the compliment! I want to move because where we live now unless I come into an inordinately large sum of money we won't be able to ever afford to buy a house and I want a house so very badly! I also want to be in more of a rural/smaller city because I want to have livestock and a edible garden. Being where I am now, I can't have that:)

Kathy Campbell (January 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM)  

Oregon! You so want to move to Oregon. *nods* It's the bestest.

And I so hear you on the job/career related goals! You can so do it. Let me know if I can do anything to help! Hopefully you won't need to have someone close to you have a stroke in order to get the kick to get 'er done!

Miss B. (January 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM)  

Ah Mrs. Soup! So happy to hear from you:) Oregon, really one of my top choices but I think I need to visit first, but I feel like I know I would love it!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.