MMXI::FIVE

Seriously, this is my last giraffe edit, that's all I got.  There will be rhino's, and other odd toe ungulates in the near future but for now let's bid adieu to the giraffe.  I wrote on Flickr that I wasn't really happy with this edit but found I was thrilled to re-live the memory of the day this was shot.  It seems silly to not edit a photo of a great memory because it hadn't turned out like I anticipated (see 'before'). I would like to write 'lesson learned' but I know myself too well and I will be agonizing over my every photograph and have major edit indecision for at least another fortnight.  This photography hobby was supposed to be a creative diversion from my stressful day but it seems I can turn even the most relaxing activity into an exercise in neurosis. How could I have not wanted to edit or even print out a winking giraffe?  Beats me.

Miss B. (January 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM)  

Oh thank you for the visit and the kind words! I am completely enamored with your blog, it seems we share the same aesthetic and I have many, many of your posts on my inspiration board.

Miss to Mrs (January 19, 2011 at 11:20 AM)  

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! Oh God! I think my heart has stopped from cuteness. I don't give a flying leap what you say, I LOVE this edit. I think it's perfection. I want to squeeze that face and kiss him on the nose.

Kathy Campbell (January 19, 2011 at 1:37 PM)  

This edit is so pretty! I love it even more than the original. Especially being B&W....very evocative.

Miss B. (January 19, 2011 at 3:18 PM)  

Oh Toi, let me tell you how hard it was not to be able to. They told me I would be thrown off the tour if I touched the giraffe, it nearly killed me. Mrs. Soup thank you, all the 'before's' thus far have been complete rubbish. I am hoping this forces me to take a better 'before' shot. Think of all the time I will save in the digital darkroom?

tiny twig (January 25, 2011 at 5:46 PM)  

are you selling this in a large scale print, by chance? i LOVE it.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.