MMXI::EIGHT

If I had one wish (okay maybe two I am sure I would be much more pragmatic with my first wish). I would wish to have fresh flowers in my home at all times. These dahlia's were more stunning than any flowers I had ever received, they were like ballerina tutu's and ranged from soft pink and blush to the palest of yellows.  Stunning seems an inadequate adjective to describe them. I did have the good fortune to shoot these in the morning light and did them justice, but I also thought I would shoot them at night so I could savor their beauty for a few hours more.  The ones taken at night were in a word--dreadful. Trust me your eyeballs may melt when you click over, for the 'before' but for the sake of comparison and this project here it is.

Miss to Mrs (January 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM)  

Ah ballerina tutu's! You're so right. This picture is pretty pretty pretty! There is just nothing better than a beautiful pink flower. Sigh!

kimberj (January 21, 2011 at 1:18 PM)  

Dear Miss B :) when we lived near San Francisco 22 years ago, I too wanted to always have fresh flowers in our entryway every week. I went to a florist near my work and set up a weekly flower bouquet pick up. We settled on a nominal price and every friday after work I stopped by and they had a bouquet of flowers ready for me. It was made up of all their leftover odds and ends. They got rid of their extras and I got to have an exotic arrangement every week. I ended up with flowers I could never have afforded if I had special ordered them. I think they enjoyed surprising me too! Win win :)

Anonymous –  (January 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM)  

Bella flower photo!

Kathy Campbell (January 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM)  

Gorgeous! And I love the idea of fresh flowers too....maybe because I can't keep living plants alive it would be the only way to keep things green in my house....

Linnea (January 25, 2011 at 7:14 PM)  

Those dahlias are gorgeous! They are one of my favorites... along with peonies & ranunculus. I can't wait until I can find them around locally!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.