CELEBRATE!

This as some of you may know is my 3lb. dog George. George is a girl, in case you didn't surmise that from her name.  I am celebrating because a week ago at this time we found a large marble size tumor on her side. We took her to the vet and the prognosis was grim. I allowed my mind to go to some very dark places while we got her ready to go into surgery and have the tumor removed. It was a surgery that was very expensive and something we hadn't anticipated but this pup has been my constant companion for 11 years (her birthday is Monday) and if this lump was going to be detrimental to her health I would have sold my car to get it removed.  We got the call yesterday that she is going to be a-ok!  I couldn't imagine my life without her and have often threatened my husband to have her taxidermied when in the very far future she passes on, he will have none of my crazy talk; I am kidding of course (kinda).  She looks a little like 'Franken-pup' at the moment as she had a few things removed and her side and belly have stitch marks all over them. So sad, yet I am so happy!

We are also celebrating our one year anniversary next week, I can't believe it's been a year since we eloped!  We are going away for a couple days to Asheville to celebrate, which we keep hearing amazing things about, I am so looking forward to the adventure. So much to be grateful for this week and as always I am especially grateful for you of course, that goes without saying, right?

Lynne (November 9, 2012 at 3:01 AM)  

Happy Anniversary!
George is a precious love...Your story warmed my heart tonight.
~Lynne
w/L.

Lori P (November 9, 2012 at 8:12 AM)  

Awww...George is beautiful and I'm so glad she's going to be fine. I know of this type of relationship myself.

And enjoy Asheville! Been there many times. Be sure to visit Grove Park Inn if you're not already staying there. It's beautiful and is sometimes overlooked in the glory of Biltmore House.

Miss B. (November 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM)  

Thank you Lynne!

Lori, I am adding it to my list right this sec! I wanted to see the Bohemian hotel ever since I saw a great spread in 'Garden & Gun so excited to visit Grove Park Inn now as well, thank you!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." (November 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM)  

I'm so sorry :( I say the same thing about my beloved harry. i love him so much i can't believe i didn't birth him myself! i am so glad she is going to be ok and is on the mend!!!!!!! what a relief!

Moose (November 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM)  

Happy Anniversary + yippeee skipppeee to little George. Fur companions unite! I was in Asheville for the Ladies of Letterpress conference last year for the 1st time... can't wait to go back. Our local brewery "New Belgium Beer" will be opening up a plant in Asheville in 2014!! Tail wags ~moose

Michelle P (November 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM)  

Such wonderful news!! I'm so glad she's going to be ok!

Happy Anniversary, Asheville sounds gorgeous. Better pack your camera!

M

Christine (November 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM)  

So very happy your super sweet girl is going to be okay. And don't laugh about having her "stuffed" should her time come. I swore for years that my first fur baby would be. However he lived to be 16 and I thought he gave me enough at that point. Still miss his little face though. Enjoy Asheville!

Susan (November 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM)  

Oh that is such good news! You know I totally understand the furry child love...we do anything and everything for our babies. So glad she's ok :)

Anonymous –  (November 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM)  

George is adorable! Glad to hear all is well. Enjoy your weekend and Happy Anniversary!

Windlost (November 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM)  

George is a darling and I wish her well.

Congrats on your anniversary.

I am so in love with your (newly discovered) blog.

xo's Terri

Alex (November 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM)  

So glad George is on the mend. Take care and happy, happy anniversary. The year flew by!

Slappin B!tches Since 1982! (November 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM)  

So glad to hear that your adorable peanut is going to be a-ok! I can only imagine how relieved you are!!! A totally celebration worthy event!!!

Some say it is crazy how attached some people get to their pets... I think it is crazy if you don't. During Irene I had firemen knocking on my door saying that we needed to evacuate immediately. I grabbed my cats and their comfort toys, food and dishes before I even packed for myself. The firemen said I didn't have time to pack them, I said I didn't think I could bear to leave them and was willing to rid out the storm if they were going to try and make me leave them, so they waited for me.

For Sandy I didn't even risk putting them through that again. I just leisurely and as stress free as possible packed them up and headed on off to my sisters house and we rode everything out safely there.

Slappin B!tches Since 1982! (November 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM)  

Oh yeah and happy anniversary ;) ha ha ha

Mrs. Limestone (November 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM)  

So happy to hear George is okay. What a relief.

Mary (November 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM)  

George is wonderful and beautiful! Glad she's better and with you. :)

Intertwyned (November 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM)  

I am so happy to hear George will be ok! Your love for George was by far one of the best things I read this week!

And Happy Anniversary - so many amazing things to celebrate! Congrats, T!

susan (November 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM)  

love your stuff and would love to win!

susan (November 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM)  

love your stuff and would love to win!

Miss B. (November 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM)  

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and indulging me in my crazy dog lady behavior;)


Raquel (December 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM)  

What kind of dog is she? she is adorable!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.