THE BEST WHITE INK FOR STAMPING::PART I

When I was looking for white ink for stamping I realized right away that it was going to be an exhaustive search; not all white ink is equal. It is such a huge ink of debate that it was mind boggling of where I would start. I narrowed it down to half a dozen and for this post narrowed it down even further to three.  I found that the other three were not even worth mentioning, so much so that if you asked I can't even remember them, that insignificant as far as white stamping ink is concerned. The first ink I tried StazOn Opaque Cotton White came highly recommended as the most opaque, it is also the most labor intensive as you have to squeeze a small bottle onto a pad.  I found it to be okay, but I was looking for an even more opaque look so I tried the second most recommended white ink--Memories dye ink in White.
The Memories ink was a little more opaque, but still not as opaque as I wanted.  At this point though it was head and shoulders above the other options and I was starting to get hopeful that I could get a nice white, opaque impression.  I had one last ink to try, but that will be saved for another post my dears so look out for Part II and my most favorite white stamping ink!

*Note both these inks could easily become more opaque via embossing, but that's a whole other technique that I promise to broach one day and discuss both the pro and  cons.

Kathy Campbell (July 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM)  

Mmmmmm embossing.....it makes my heart flutter! I finally got around to buying one of the embossing heat tools because I was tired of using the Stove Top..... :D

Sew a Fine Seam (July 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM)  

Oh I can't wait to see your favorite! You are really getting some stuff done lately - woohoo!

Miss B. (July 17, 2012 at 4:35 PM)  

Over the stove?! That's so dangerous Kathy! Glad you got an embosser, lol. Jill, I am working around the clock, finally have a little time to do things that I have wanted to do for so long but had no time, but you don't even know the half of it SO much more to share!

Intertwyned (July 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM)  

Do you know how many products I now want to buy (or have bought!) because of your lovely blog and wise reviews?! You may be breaking my bank :) I can't wait to see who wins the white ink contest! I have been looking for a good one for MONTHS!

xo,
J.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.