STORMY WEATHER

It's supposed to be cloudy with potential storms today.  Fine by me, I have a ton of work to do in the studio and if it's nice outside I will want to be out and about. I decided to have a professional Ikea assembler come and put together my Expedit's. I considered doing it myself for about 3 secs. The assembly charge is really nominal so I figured my time would be better spent trying to get my shop in ship shape. Now that I have my desk in (albeit very precarious), I am ready to get down to business.  I don't know about other designers or photographers but I can not stand designing or editing on my lap top, it just doesn't feel right to me.  I need a large screen, perhaps it's my age? Those young whipper snappers can work the little screens, not I.  I am taking inventory today, doesn't that sound like a blast? I jest. Here's to wishing your day is filled with more excitement!

spiral style (June 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM)  

Have a good day. Hope everything comes together for you and you find a sofa.
I'll be in the studio today too...manipulating silver.
Cheers.

Amy (June 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM)  

Oh, it looks like we're sharing the same sky! I don't really love wild thunderstorms. I peaked out the window this morning and wonder if the tree has any leaves left. So long as all the branches are in tact!

Congrats on everything coming together, by the way--and good luck with inventory!

Sew a Fine Seam (June 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM)  

Good luck with the inventory!
Those are really good photos of the clouds - you captured our midwest storms VERY well!

Julianna Collett (June 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM)  

My husband and I were just talking about Ikea assemblers last night. I have painted the entire 3000 sq ft house and he is still working on putting the Ikea kitchen together!! the man build our house so he knows how to build but I swear there were about 300 boxs of parts with that thing. The good news is it is looking gorgeous.

Kathy Campbell (June 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM)  

You are not alone. There is a reason I bought a 27" iMac instead of a Macbook Pro. You can't beat a large screen!

Dana (June 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM)  

If it makes you feel any better, I will be in my studio also working on organization in my new shelves today (and we moved in months ago - How did I wait this long for shelves?)

Also wanted to mention the break in the clouds in your BW image looks like a heart. That has to be a good omen for all you will accomplish today.

d

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.