MORNING FOG

My husband never forgets anything; it is both a blessing and a curse for me.  I reap the benefits because he always knows what I like and want when it comes to gifts, food, basic comforts, Netflix, etc.  His elephant like memory is a double-edged sword when it comes to arguments, that's when you wish your spouse with the good memory had a bit of amnesia.  In passing I mentioned a couple times that I would like him to wake me up extra early the next time it was foggy out so I could go shoot by the lake.  I said it like one would say, "I would like to stroll around the streets of Paris one day". You know things you say out loud when you think no one is really paying attention; things you say so you can remind yourself that one day you will do those things, but maybe not in the near future. On Saturday morning before the sun had risen I rolled over in my very warm and comfy bed, my French bulldog resting flush against the back of my legs, as cozy as I will ever be.  My husband shook my shoulder and said "Good morning, I love you".  I was jarred from my slumber and snapped, "If you really loved me you would let me sleep." This is the point where I haughtily made my head into pillow taco filling and smooshed the sides against my skull to keep the noise (my husband) and light away. He calmly answered, "I do really love you that's why I am waking you up so you can go shoot at the lake, it's foggy outside." I knew that I wouldn't regret getting up, so I grumpily got out of bed, threw jeans, t-shirt and sandals on, grabbed our dogs and the cameras (both digital and film of course) and without coffee to make me 'human' we drove the short distance to the lake in silence. It was gorgeous.  It was better than any coffee--I drank in the view instead. The fog dissipated fast as the sun rose and the water went from dark blue to hues of gold and blue again. It was magnificent and I was so grateful that I didn't sleep through seeing the sun rise on the lake.  I was right I knew I would never regret getting up.

georgina (June 27, 2012 at 3:23 AM)  

these are absolute bliss and calm. just stunning. hooray for your husbands wake up call!

diane @ a spot of whimsy (June 27, 2012 at 7:45 AM)  

these are seriously gorgeous images; also love the back story behind their creation ;)

Susan (June 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM)  

I just get lost in these images!

Miss B. (June 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM)  

Thank you ladies! Since all three of you have fantastic taste I am going to take this as a compliment of the highest order:)

spiral style (June 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM)  

What a guy!! Lovely photos. By the way, my husband calls my pillow a taco!! Never heard that before.

PS When is the next photo school. I can't wait. (take your time getting settled, just want you to know I love the online photo school.
I'm seriously going to buy a DSLR camera. What do you think of this one?
Canon EOS T3 / 1100D

Thanks for your consideration.

Miss B. (June 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM)  

Hi Deb your husband is obviously brilliant;) We will be hosting another session in September and most likely it will be Food + Foto! All of those entry level Canon and Nikon DSLR's are great (nice and light too). I am all for a camera that has manual capabilities! If you can swing it try to get the nifty 50 lens as well. I got mine on Amazon for $90 and it's the lens that is most on my camera at all times (I've since upgraded it to the next level one but the same prime lens concept).

Anonymous –  (June 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM)  

I especially love the first image. It is gorgeous. Lucky you!

Kathy Campbell (June 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM)  

Wonderful! Absolutely gorgeous and well worth the lack of sleep! Good for him.

Catherine (June 27, 2012 at 12:40 PM)  

Absolutely gorgeous photos... the kind you find in dreams. Perfect inspiration for a Wednesday!

spiral style (June 27, 2012 at 7:59 PM)  

Thanks so much for your reply. Food + Foto...I'll be in heaven. Can't wait.

Amy (June 28, 2012 at 7:52 AM)  

So lovely . . . that second one . . . there's something about reflection in water that kills me. I love it!

Danie at Pasadya (June 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM)  

Ahhh, I love the way you described your husband's memory and that morning. So glad he remembered to wake you up! These photos are incredible.

Anonymous –  (July 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM)  

your photos always make me gasp. and these ones were no exception. good grief these are absolutely stunning!

Suzonne (July 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM)  

Gorgeous! I am particularly in love with the second one.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.