STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT

We moved into our country house on Thursday afternoon, I could not have been more relieved to be able to call anyplace home. We both have been so tired, angst ridden and have had a general case of the overwhlems. For many months now I have been wanting to photograph a star filled night and have lugged my tripod with us on many an adventure to no avail, there has just been too much light pollution to see the stars.  I had basically given up when on Thursday night after my well water shower (sans water pressure) I heard my husband futzing around on the deck, I came outside to see the tripod set up, camera ready and a request to look up. I did as told and saw so many stars, it was hard to focus because big, fat, salty tears obstructed my vision. My husband, terminally pragmatic never forgets anything, it wasn't so much him being a romantic as it was him ceasing an opportunity, but in his own quirky way it was terribly thoughtful. I loved the sentiment and reveled in the blanket of lights outside our back door. I haven't seen stars like this since I went away to camp in the 4th grade. I never saw them in Los Angeles and truth be told, I didn't expect them here either. I just thought we would need to go some place like a National forest or the desert to be able to see them. I love surprises like this, don't you? My other surprise was not so happy, the movers left Los Angeles Friday, this last Friday. We have been here a week, which means they won't be here for another week. We have nothing but what we brought in our suitcases. You never realize what you need that is on the moving truck until you really need it. We had to go out and buy a couple of dishes, can opener, a knife, some utensils, towels, a bed (we didn't have to do this but I thought I might die if we didn't), a table and chairs, Tupperware, etc. This move has gotten more expensive each day. I am not allowing myself to freak out, because Lord knows that's not going to make the moving truck arrive any sooner, if freaking out helped then they would have been here, moved everything in and I'd be set-up already. Sigh. I am going to concentrate on the stars and that I saw two baby bunnies on my front lawn this evening. Two bunnies folks!

P.S. For those that are wondering these were extra long exposures (that's why the tripod was needed), it was pitch black outside, we don't even have street lights on our road (yes, road).

Sew a Fine Seam (May 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM)  

I like your star photos! We see stars every night that it's not cloudy here in Ohio. And if you want to really see some serious stars come with me to my sisters house on the plains of Kansas. You would not believe how close, big, bright, and numerous they are!!!!

Masha (May 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM)  

I am so happy for your move. I've been sitting on the edge of my chair during your move, and it's such a relief to hear that everything is turning out (more or less) well. You are so brave for leaving nearly everything you've known for something completely new! I am extremely thrilled, and wish you luck with your movers.

Intertwyned (May 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM)  

Those stars are amazing! Lucky girl! I would love to stare at those sparklers every night! :)

Susan (May 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM)  

Oh how beautifully sweet & romantic!

Kathy Campbell (May 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM)  

Beautiful! And good for him for taking you out there.

<3 Praying your movers get there soon!

Amy (May 15, 2012 at 7:33 AM)  

Oh, I do so love to star gaze . . . I try to appreciate them. After all, Boise may still be small, but it's growing. I will not love the day the stars disappear from the night sky . . . sigh.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.