JOSIE MARAN ARGAN MATCHMAKER FOUNDATION REVIEW

On my never ending quest to look 'natural' I found myself in the possession of a scientific breakthrough that is akin to magic, no really.  I used some of the ginormous gift certificate to Sephora that I had. One of the few purchases I made before I left civilization was Josie Maran's Argan Matchmaker foundation a product I didn't need, or let me rephrase that, I didn't know I needed. Yes, I need this!  It's very unusual in so many ways, the most unique way is that it's a white serum straight out of the pump, yes white!  Once you rub it into your skin it magically conforms to the color of your skin, not a little but exact (at least this has been my experience and the same with all the reviews I've read). I have very dry skin, although it's been a lot less dry with the thick moisture in the Carolina air (a.k.a humidity), this serum foundation is very emollient and might scare people that aren't used to anything oil like on their skin.  I feel like it doesn't stay that way and dries to a polished (non-shiny) finish.  I use it on top of my Smashbox BB cream (a little of both of these products go a long way, err on less product when applying and add more if needed). This is really the most natural looking I have been able to get with a foundation, it looks like I am not wearing anything, you don't notice my hyper pigmentation on my cheeks (so unattractive), my skin just looks clean and fresh and it works well with my favorite Tarte cheek stain (an absolute must for instant pretty). If you are one of the lucky ones that lives near a Sephora than you can go in and they will make you a take-home sample so you can try before you buy.  It is a luxury product at $42, way out of my budget, but I don't need to use a lot so I am hoping it will last me the entire summer. If I do my daily amortization math which helps me mentally deal with seemingly frivolous purchases, it comes out to be practically free. Have you tried this yet or any of the other versions of pigment matching foundations out there?  I am curious about the drugstore versions when I run out of this pot of gold.

Lynne (May 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM)  

I always enjoy your treatment and color testimonials, Miss B.
Well wishes for the new week ahead!
~Lynne
w/L.

Amy (May 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM)  

Thanks for the reviews/suggestions. I'm always on the lookout . . .

And here's to a good week (with ALL your belongings)!

Rachel (May 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM)  

I'm still using the Korres mineral powder foundation and I'm pretty happy with it. (I went back to my Chanel for a couple days just to see if I still liked the Korres best and I do).

That said, I will clearly have to go to Sephora and pick up a sample of this. I didn't wear foundation for the longest time and now I seem to be on some sort of quest to find the best one possible.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.