DIY FARM TABLE


I saw this image in a recent issue of Country Living, the table was made from reclaimed wood with free plans from Ana White this is when the wheels in my head started to creak.  It's all straight lines, how hard could it be?  Did you know Home Depot will cut all your wood for free?  No, they won't cut your salvaged barn wood, but you could try to replicate the finish if you were resourceful. I don't have a garage here so I can't really figure out the best place to take on a wood working project, not that something like space has stopped me before. I built my extra large coffee table and farm benches in my upstairs living room once, granted my downstairs neighbor was elderly and hearing impaired.  I also don't have a lot of time as setting up the studio again is going to be all consuming. So I looked up handyman/carpenters in my area and sent the image and plans link to them. I figure this could be done in a few hours and a local person may have their finger on the pulse of where to get some termite-free  barn wood. I'll keep you posted if I get any quotes that won't have me selling my designer dogs on the roadside.

photo by:: lucas allen

Erin (May 22, 2012 at 5:59 AM)  

I think I've said this before but you crack me up Miss B. Selling your dogs on the roadside :)
Totally bookmarking that table...

Kathy Campbell (May 22, 2012 at 12:00 PM)  

Good luck!

And if you were in Oregon, my dad totally would have made that for you. ;)

Mrs. Limestone (May 22, 2012 at 2:14 PM)  

HD will do rough cuts for free but you might want to be a bit careful with having them do something like this b/c if one of the legs is a bit off, your table will wobble. Better to do the finish cuts yourself.

Anna (May 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM)  

Oh this is lovely!! Heck, I bet you could just build it yourself outside and if the wood was exposed to weather, it would just contribute to the look of it.

Lovely find, Miss B!

kids accessories (May 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM)  

Lovely pictures you have. This photo reminds me my grandparents because this looks like their table.

Miss B. (May 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM)  

Erin, I am so happy I can make you laugh;) Mrs. Soup, are you serious?! I would have been all over that! Mrs. Limestone, that would be my luck to have a wobbly table, hah! I haven't been brave enough yet to do my own wood cutting, I am worried that something shiny might distract me. Anna, I am going to try to build one little thing outside tomorrow and if it goes well, I will take on this table, it looks easy enough, right?

Amy (May 24, 2012 at 7:42 AM)  

I love that table *swoon*

Good luck!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.